LaunchBox Community Forums

Movie & Music category

DazStelfox79

I'm definitely not against this functionality, but I have my BigBox launchable from Kodi and can exit back into Kodi from BigBox using the app on this site. Same for Steam. Would this be a viable option for you also?

I guess it would be possible for any user to add a link from BigBox to any application really as its own platform. LaunchBox doesn't know whether it's an app, game, or emulator, it just launches whatever you tell it to.

Ok this is actually a pretty frequently requested feature and one that I've asked for in the past myself but the official stance is that there is so much work to be done on the gaming side of things that at this time it isn't something Jason is willing to undertake but in the long term future it is a possibility. Which means really nothing except that you need another solution for your media. I personally have an application platform in LB and from there I launch Plex, SlingPlayer, Freda+ and CDisplayEX so I have Movies Music TV Shows Live TV Ebooks and Comic Books all available for consumption directly from LB.

Edited by DOS76

Echoing the sentiments already expressed here, currently you'd need to just pick a starting application and go from there. If you want everything to fall back to LB/BB, just create a "platform" in LB and name it something like "Media" or "Applications" or whatever your want, and then put something like Plex or Kodi in there. If you want to fall back to Kodi, add a shortcut to LB/BB in it. I don't think there's any way to replicate that via Plex so if that's what you're using you'd want to go LB/BB -> Plex.

Technically you could just dump movies into LB as "roms" and associate them with an "emulator" of say Media Player Classic or something, but the problem is going to be with metadata, because there isn't currently a way to add in your own scrape sources and as result you're not going to find any metadata for any of them (well, you might with a Wikipedia scrape, but you don't get any images that way). So you're going to be better off launching something else dedicated to that task like Plex or Kodi.