LaunchBox Community Forums

Scraping not working as intended

Eirulan

Hi all,

okay I've tested this over several weeks and I'm sure there's something wrong with the initial "import rom files" scraping, as well as with the "update metadata and images" scraping...

For example, I imported Metroid Prime 3 (Wii) this evening and the initial scraping did not find 3D Box-Art, nor did "update metadata and images" (I always use the option to not replace existing fields). But when I edit the game and open the "download images/media" popup, I was presented with the 3D Box-Art and also a movie I did not get before...

So my question is, how can I trust the import process as it is at the moment??? I can't. But I also don't have the time to check all games from time to time manually, this one should be automated... :-( I don't know if this is an issue with the database or the frontend. But I can almost 100% say that initial scarping does not get everything on the first go.

This is extremely frustrating, I don't know if I have all available metadata for my collection, and I don't know how to "refresh" from time to time (replace all fields isn't an option, because I added in a lot of metadata by hand and I do NOT want to lose this!).

... sorry if this came out a little bit too harsh, I'm really frustrated at the moment...

Cheers

Edited by Eirulan

I've noticed that too i use the option do no replace existing fields as well but it never seems to download any metadata especially notes for games that have no notes, but if i do them individually sometimes it does find the notes i am looking for which can be very slow especially with arcade games.  But id say Jason will fix this issue before too long now retropalooza is over.

This one has been very hard to pinpoint, as it does not seem to be affecting everyone, and I have not been able to replicate it. Any details you guys can provide as to what games it's happening with would be appreciated. Also what fields or images are missing, etc. Specific games with specific details would be helpful, including the ROM's file name.

@Jason Carr here is a list of Naomi games that are not scraping properly pics logos etc with the download metadata but all have database id's if you type in the full names in single edit however that picks up the id's of the games and and allows you download pics etc for the games that have it see below list

psyvar2     Psyvariar 2 - The Will To Fabricate
quizqgd     Quiz Keitai Q mode
senkosp    Senko No Ronde 
sfz3ugd     Street Fighter Zero 3 Upper
shaktam    Shakatto Tambourine
shaktamb  Shakatto Tambourine Cho Powerup Chu
shaktmsp  Shakatto Tambourine Motto Norinori Shinkyoku Tsuika
shikgam2  Shikigami No Shiro II / The Castle of Shikigami II
spkrbtl       Spikers Battle
sprtjam      Sports Jam
ss2005      Super Shanghai 2005
tetkiwam    Tetris Kiwamemichi
trgheart     Trigger Heart Exelica
undefeat   Under Defeat
usagiym    Usagi - Yamashiro Mahjong Hen this is spelled wrong usagi should be usagai
vathlete    Virtua Athletics / Virtua Athlete
vtennis2    Virtua Tennis 2 / Power Smash 2
wsbbgd     Super Major League / World Series Baseball

• Like 1

• 5 years later...
55 minutes ago, SLUGIE79 said:

yes i have it looks like afterburner artwork themes ect is on afterburner 2 

I just added After Burner to LaunchBox (12.6). For me images download and display just fine. I don't use themes though.

1419270461_Schermopname(32).thumb.jpg.671a36832c709fc8a0b9e50991c4cbfc.jpg

The LaunchBox DB ID must show #6236. If it doesn't click the red square with the cross and click "Search for Metadata" again. After that go to Media > Images and click "Download Media" in the bottom right corner.

622664546_Schermopname(33).thumb.jpg.74662ffaf224ac92d048ec84c4f0a6b7.jpg

Edited by Koroth