LaunchBox Community Forums

Error deleting roms from LB

djwar

The only other scenario that it could be is that the file is in use by another application. I would restart your PC and try to delete the file from within LaunchBox again, that way if something is using it right now, restarting will make sure that it should no longer be in use. If you happen to know what application is trying to use it, you can close that in the Task Manager of Windows and try again, but if we don't know a restart will be the simplest method.

well is not only 1 game, Im deleting all games that I dont like..

what I do pretty much is, double click on the game, check whether I like or not, Esc on Kb to exit, delete and boom I get the error.

I also tried restarting LB and deleting the same game I was having the error with, still the same, man

...I dont think any other app could be using the rom.zip, cause I only use LB to run my retro games... Unless, after exiting a game, it remains lock to LB

er.JPG

Edited by djwar

4 hours ago, FistyDollars said:

Okay, silly question, but it's a thought: are you currently seeding your romset using a torrent client? Or do you have some form of auto-backup program that is monitoring your HDD? Either of those might cause that sort of an error.

Nope I dont use torrents for games

and the only back up I have is, win 7 Backup and Restore...but that is only for C partition which is my OS

21 hours ago, DOS76 said:

Go to the file in File Explorer and right click it and go to properties and then go to the security tab and look at the ownership of the file see if you can change it.

I got win 7 btw, the owner is me, it has the name of my pc there

This pc only has 1 user, the admin which is me, nobody else uses this Pc

I checked several roms just in case and all of them has the same owner, and at least 1 out of 10 i tried to delete gets deleted...