LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Does not Open Launchbox.xml broken

StuDentBR

Well today when i've tried to open my launchbox, but instead of the software opens this error showed up, i have tried to restore the launchbox.xml file from the backup folder but it did not work, i tried also to dele the launchbox.xml but it did not work either, and when i looked at launchbox directory the bigbox.exe, uninstal000.exe  were missing. I took the files that wew missing from other pc that i had installed and was is working, but nothing solves the problem... I don't know what to do, i just don't want to have to configure everything again, plese help !! 

I am using windows 10 64bit and the version of launchbox is 6.12 beta 5.

erro launchbox.jpg

Does the error message contain the line the error is on if so you can manually fix it. I only read English so I'm not sure if that is what it is telling you at the end of the message there I know I fixed mine that way on one occasion it was just a > that was missing from the end of a line.

@Jason Carr @DOS76I already installed the new version 6.12 on the same directory which i download on the site, but i still get the same error...

What should i do now ?

The portuguese part is saying that: Unexpected end of file. The Following files are not closed: Debug.Log, Settings, LaunchBox. Line 166, Position 21.

New Error.jpg

Edited by StuDentBR

I just fixed this part, but it seems that the settings.xml is not the only thing that is broken... 

Well since it the xml files has been splited up it was not suposed to have backup files just in case that something like this happens ? Like it was when it was just one file ?

another error.jpg

Ok now i fixed this error but another one showed up, and now i don't have a backup for this nds file, because the other files were kind of generic files which had in another pc  and i just copied the part there were missing in the xml ... is there a way to fix this at once ?

Why did this happend anyway ? and how an average user is suposed to have knowlodge to solve this ?

One more error.jpg

Actually try looking for a nds.xml in the backup folder put it into your data folder under platforms and rename it to the original files name that should fix it I haven't seen the backup since the  change but it looks like it would work just the same way except instead of replacing the LB.xml you will replace whatever one fails.

Well i found out many files from \LaunchBox\Data\Platforms got currupted, and i guess the only thing i must to blame is the beta version that i installed, because i never had any issue with this before, then why the software does not make a backup of "important files" before let we install any beta release ? Now i guess i will have to set up all my collection again :( unless someone has another idea ?

Edited by StuDentBR

I had to change a few and add the ending tags for a few lines. I had to remove an additional app because I didn't know how the rest of the code finished for a PS1 or PS2 game and had to delete a Lunar game entry in PSP but it is now launching successfully.

7 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

I had to change a few and add the ending tags for a few lines. I had to remove an additional app because I didn't know how the rest of the code finished for a PS1 or PS2 game and had to delete a Lunar game entry in PSP but it is now launching successfully.

Thank you so much you saved me a lot of time, now there is just one more thing this error and it crash when i try to change the language: 

System.IO.IOException: Cannot create "L:\LaunchBox\Metadata\Temp" because a file or directory with the same name already exists.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, Object dirSecurityObj, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectoryHelper(String path, Boolean checkHost)
   at ()
   at LaunchBox.Utilities.GetTempFolderPath()
   at ()
   at LaunchBox.Utilities.GetTempFilePath()
   at (DataManager , DataSet , String )
   at LaunchBox.Data.DataManager.GenerateXml(DataSet set, String destinationPath)
   at (DataManager , String )
   at LaunchBox.Data.DataManager.SaveInternal(String destinationFolder)
   at LaunchBox.Data.DataManager.<>c__DisplayClass114_0.<Save>b__0()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Last one i hope.jpg

Last.jpg