LaunchBox Community Forums

Wii games issue

meshflesh

The only way i can get dolphin to run wii games is only if I give dolphin admin privileges. But as a result...IM hit with a "USer account control" prompt everytime I run it.

This Creates an issue in Big box mode.  Because the UAC prompt ruins the otherwise seamless experience.

So is there anyway to run dolp[hin with admin rights without having to click through the prompt?

HAs anyone been through anything similar regarding dolphin and wii games?? Im on windows 10

It doesn't leave your PC vulnerable, it's just a measure for Microsoft, but as long as you yourself are safe with decent practices and have good av / anti-malware software (Malwarebytes Anti Malware and IOBit Advanced System Care), you're honestly perfectly fine. I've been disabling it for the last 6 or 7 years.

I run Dolphin on Win 10 with UAC enabled and I don't have to run it as admin. Do you have the latest version? Maybe try installing it again.

If you installed it originally inside Program Files or Program Files (x86), try installing it somewhere else like in c:\emulators\dolphin. 

Edited by ckp

6 hours ago, ckp said:

I run Dolphin on Win 10 with UAC enabled and I don't have to run it as admin. Do you have the latest version? Maybe try installing it again.

If you installed it originally inside Program Files or Program Files (x86), try installing it somewhere else like in c:\emulators\dolphin. 

I only need to run as admin when i play a wii game.   When I run a GC game..it loads up errror free. However when I load a wii game..dolphin crashes right away unless I choose the "run as admin" option.

can you run wii games without admin rights on tour pc?

Edited by meshflesh

I have 2 pc's. And get the same issue on both.

Right now the common denominators are: both are running dolphin 5.0. And dolphin is installed on a separate internal drive on both. And both are win 10

When I get home, I'm going to try to launch it from the C drive and see if that makes a difference

Is the user you are logged in with a member of the computer's administrator group or are you running a user that is not part of the admin group? 

I still think there is a setting specific to Wii that you have in Dolphin that might be the cause of this, especially since GC works fine.

Edited by ckp

10 minutes ago, ckp said:

Is the user you are logged in with a member of the computer's administrator group or are you running a user that is not part of the admin group? 

I still think there is a setting specific to Wii that you have in Dolphin that might be the cause of this, especially since GC works fine.

There's only one account on my pc. I'm the admin.

But now that u mention settings... That got me thinking. I'm going to delete my documents folder for dolphin. And see if that fixes it.