LaunchBox Community Forums

Missing Big Box platform image

drtechnolust

When you open Big Box, is that where it defaults to? If so, it's probably nothing actually. You might have accidentally removed the platform for some games, but didn't remove the games, so now they're still there under no Platform. Open LaunchBox, go to Tools -> Manage Platforms, and it might be in there for you to remove (I can't remember). I had this "no platform" too recently, and I can't remember exactly how I removed it.

@drtechnolust Just to explain what the None platform is, it is where the roms disappear to when someone has not assigned a Platform to games they import and they suddenly think that they have not installed the games, and if that Box isn't checked they then wonder where their games have disappeared to.  It is a brilliant concept and is the first thing i do when i install a game and wonder where it disappeared to, i go into options General, Side Bar and check the box.  Then when i go back into LaunchBox i can see roms that i forgot to assign a platform to, and then can assign them to their proper platforms.  I think that @SentaiBrad should do a little Video tutorial on this forgotten aspect of LaunchBox for people that might make this mistake when installing individual games.

47 minutes ago, SentaiBrad said:

When you open Big Box, is that where it defaults to? If so, it's probably nothing actually. You might have accidentally removed the platform for some games, but didn't remove the games, so now they're still there under no Platform. Open LaunchBox, go to Tools -> Manage Platforms, and it might be in there for you to remove (I can't remember). I had this "no platform" too recently, and I can't remember exactly how I removed it.

Sentai thanks... I checked the Platform a few hours ago but when I went back it was showing a blank platform with 1 game. After deleting that, it resolved the issue. Thanks!!!!!!

13 minutes ago, Maddoc1007 said:

@drtechnolust Just to explain what the None platform is, it is where the roms disappear to when someone has not assigned a Platform to games they import and they suddenly think that they have not installed the games, and if that Box isn't checked they then wonder where their games have disappeared to.  It is a brilliant concept and is the first thing i do when i install a game and wonder where it disappeared to, i go into options General, Side Bar and check the box.  Then when i go back into LaunchBox i can see roms that i forgot to assign a platform to, and then can assign them to their proper platforms.  I think that @SentaiBrad should do a little Video tutorial on this forgotten aspect of LaunchBox for people that might make this mistake when installing individual games.

It actually doesn't happen all that often anymore, if someone tries to remove a platform, it will ask them if they want to remove the games as well, explaining why.

2 minutes ago, drtechnolust said:

Sentai thanks... I checked the Platform a few hours ago but when I went back it was showing a blank platform with 1 game. After deleting that, it resolved the issue. Thanks!!!!!!

You're welcome!

@DOS76 That is why i said @SentaiBrad should do a small video on that option, it is not the fact of when you delete a platform aspect i was coming from but the fact that if people inadvertently added games without giving them a platform they then think that the game importer is not working correctly when in fact it is, it is the just that their games are hidden from them but still show up as a blank platform in BigBox.