LaunchBox Community Forums

Need help creating batch files for Future Pinball

smpetty

I would like to add Future Pinball to Launchbox.  The only way that I can seem to make it work is to create a batch file for each table that contains this text:

"Future Pinball.exe" /open "filename.fpt" /play /exit

The name of the batch file would be filename.bat

I have a list of the filenames (I have 424 tables) and I would like to automatically create batch files for each table with the above structure.  Is there a utility that will do this for me?  I'm not a programmer.

Thanks in advance!

Scott

Well, it's not going to be exact, but can you assign the exe to the fpt? So double clicking fpt file extensions launches Future Pinball? Or, you can add the exe as an emulator, import all the fpt file extensioned files, and add /open /play /exit to the default command line parameters box? I haven't actually done this, I am actually guessing here, but after several years of using LaunchBox, that's my educated guess.

Thanks for the reply!

The problem is the command line syntax:

FuturePinball.exe /open <full name & path of fpt table file> /play /exit

I can't figure out how to get the /open command in front of the .fpt filename and path.  The command doesn't work if it follows the .fpt filname.

Scott

I would also like to know how to do this. I've been adding tables manually for about a month now. I also have over 400 tables to import so having a way to do this would be great. This guy recently posted a bat file method he uses to launch WinVice - 

I think we can make something similar for Future Pinball. Unfortunately I will not be able to play around with this until the weekend but it does look promising.

H'mm, not really. I just sort of cobbled this together. One learns these things from years of trying to get emulators to run with a certain flashy frontend I won't name here, but its initials are HS, LOL.

But in all seriousness, Google is your friend. I just usually search for things like running commandline parameters through AutoHotKey and go from there. Beyond that, the AutoHotKey website itself is a great place to start.

Nice. Wish I knew about this a month ago. Doing a Google search, it looks like FPLoader.exe is a BAM (Better Arcade Mode) executable for launching Future Pinball. In essence, it looks like it does almost the same thing my executable does, it calls the Future Pinball.exe and passes the correct commands to it. Good to know there are other options out there. I don't believe however this exe comes with Future Pinball. Here is the link if anyone else wants to look into it. http://ravarcade.pl/?en_starting,19

Jeez... I forgot all about BAM.  just finished moving from a well established Hyperspin/RocketLauncher setup to a much simpler and easy to maintain/understand LaunchBox only setup.  I was using BAM and most of my tables have the additional physics for BAM.  Thanks for bumping my memory!