LaunchBox Community Forums

Vulkan-enabled Mupen64plus core in Retroarch

ckp

Anyone ever try this for N64 emulation? How is it?? I read about this core on the RA site:

go to ‘Online Updater’, go to ‘Core Updater’.

From there, go to ‘Experimental’, and download Mupen64plus HW. This will download the Vulkan-enabled Mupen64plus core.

http://www.libretro.com/index.php/first-ever-revolutionary-n64-vulkan-emulator-coming-soon-only-for-libretro-parallei/

Edited by ckp

I haven't tried this core in a few weeks but the last time I tried it out it wasn't worth using yet, doesn't hurt to test it though.

On a related note to anyone wanting to try this out you should really do a separate install of Retroarch because you will need to enable the Vulkan driver in your video settings and doing this in your normal build that does not use Vulkan will cause problems. So what I did was install to a new folder called Retroarch Vulkan and then added that retroarch.exe as a new emulator and labelled it Retroarch Vulkan so it's its own emulator in your emulator list.