LaunchBox Community Forums

Bartop Arcade Build (WIP)

lightz39

44 minutes ago, lightz39 said:

Thanks for the suggestion. What is LEDBlinky? Just makes leds flash based on events or something? I don't plan on having glowing buttons.

Yeah it runs the led layout and patterns. I haven't used it before but am going to try soon I think. Normal led buttons are very easy to install. 

25 minutes ago, shanzo said:

Yeah it runs the led layout and patterns. I haven't used it before but am going to try soon I think. Normal led buttons are very easy to install. 

I'm going to use just solid colored buttons. Not a fan of the glowing buttons. I do like led strips under neath and what have you though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lightz39 said:

I'm going to use just solid colored buttons. Not a fan of the glowing buttons. I do like led strips under neath and what have you though.

Yeah I think other than the artwork the most important design elements is t moulding and then led lighting.

I met a guy that is able to cut the pieces for me so it should be considerably cheaper on that front now. it also brings me to control layouts... Since I don't have to use the included one what's the best configuration for a combo of mame, nes, SNES, Genesis? I found one that had 10 buttons. What's the max needed?

17 hours ago, lightz39 said:

I met a guy that is able to cut the pieces for me so it should be considerably cheaper on that front now. it also brings me to control layouts... Since I don't have to use the included one what's the best configuration for a combo of mame, nes, SNES, Genesis? I found one that had 10 buttons. What's the max needed?

Id be surprised if you needed more than 8 per player(a b x y lb rb lt rt). I personally prefer 6 button layouts as an 8 button layout on a bartop would be very crowded I think.

I've been working on some Marquees and I'd like some help choosing which one to use. Which one do you like best? Do you like a combination of more than one? It sucks all together do something else? Inspiration was drawn from old school pong. Black logo, off white box with yellow/orange stripes. Very clean and vintage in my mind. My goal is for this thing to look and feel premium. I will work on some control graphics next. As far as which marquee I like the best... I'm partial to number 3.

7tCQMbc.png

Yeah mine is all wood still I don't know what I'm going to do for a design I was going to use @Rincewind's design he did for Jason but my controls and buttons are blue and red and it really won't match. I also have to figure out how to do a split marquee as I'm adding a 7 inch monitor in the marquee and just need some design to meet up with monitor on both sides.