LaunchBox Community Forums

New LaunchBox Beta not working

drusso66

Just updated to latest beta, but will not work nothing happens will not start Launchbox or BigBox.

Tried with my virus program disabled but made no difference.

The only way to get it working it to reinstall the 6.12 stable build, but i was using the beta version before this most recent update and everything worked fine.

Any help would be appreciated

Finally got it working, I had to shut down my Antivirus program so it was completely disabled.

Even tough i had excluded both LaunchBox and BigBox exe files the Antivirus kept removing the files when installing the new beta update.

Thanks for the quick and helpful replies.

53 minutes ago, drusso66 said:

Even tough i had excluded both LaunchBox and BigBox exe files the Antivirus kept removing the files when installing the new beta update.

I feel that Windows probably marked them blocked as potentially dangerous downloads from the internet, so if you unblocked them before trying to run, that may have also solved it (idea for the next time).

Glad you got it sorted!

Windows Defender very very rarely, if ever, marks us. It's always 3rd Anti Virus software. Windows doesn't mark us as anything usually. What AV Software were you using? Windows Defender works great, IOBit Malware Fighter has worked great for me, but my absolute favorite and the best one to have is Malwarebytes Antimalware, and none of these have ever flagged or interfered with LB.

7 hours ago, SentaiBrad said:

Windows Defender very very rarely, if ever, marks us. It's always 3rd Anti Virus software. Windows doesn't mark us as anything usually. What AV Software were you using? Windows Defender works great, IOBit Malware Fighter has worked great for me, but my absolute favorite and the best one to have is Malwarebytes Antimalware, and none of these have ever flagged or interfered with LB.

I am using Bullguard, and has always given problems always trying to block programs from installing, think i will look into changing it as it expires very soon.

Thanks for recommendations.

Yea, I've never even heard of them actually, and usually 3rd Party AV Software flags us constantly. We've sent reports to some of them a lot, to fix the issue, but it's extremely slow moving. By the time they may have received the reports and want to do something about it, we're on to the next version or two.