LaunchBox Community Forums

How to toggle between Xpadder sets with a two button press or timed press

I'm assuming what I want to setup with Xpadder is easy, but I just don't know how to do it.

I want to be able to use my xbox 360/one controller to toggle between 2 sets in my profile.

One set will have my emulator game mappings and the second set will have no mappings at all so I can leave Xpadder running when I want to play games that don't need Xpadder so they can use my controller natively.

So in my profile now I have my mappings in set 1 and a blank set 2.

How can I switch between them? I don't want to set a single button to switch because I use all my buttons. So, I would like to have set 2 become active when I do something like press and hold a button for like 3 seconds OR maybe just toggle if I press and hold one button and then press a second button.

Does anyone know how to do this?

You can have xpadder auto launch profiles when you launch different programs. If you click the wrench button top right, then select autoprofile you can set it up there. I have a big box profile that auto loads when bigbox boots, and have mapped f1 and f3 to it soo I can save and load games by holding back and using the shoulder buttons.

Hope this helps.

• 6 months later...

my english is poor
excuse me
i know this question is for 2016 year
but i answer it because it is may one person has this problem
when you are choosing for buttons a word from virtual keyboard of xpadder
on this virtual keyboard is a button "advanced"
click on it
you see there is a option "set selector"
you can enable it and make it until  with a button switch set 2 or set 1 or set 3

you can  see it on image:

6-23-2017 10-04-06 PM.png

6-23-2017 10-11-02 PM.png

Edited by mrreali
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 4 months later...

A little late, but I believe I have a solution. For example, if you want select+start to be the key combo, you would do this:

1. In set 1, make select a 'while held' set selector to set 2.

2. In set 2, make start a 'one way' set selector to set 3.

3. In set 3, make start a 'while held' set selector to set 4.

4. In set 4, make select a 'one way' set selector to set 1.

The way this will work in practice, hold select, press start, release start = toggles you to blank profile.

While in blank profile, hold start, press select, release select (the reverse) = toggles you to main (#1) profile.

It has to be done this exact way. I tried setting the toggles the same both ways (hold select and press start), but that causes conflicts - XPadder will try to cycle you through multiple profiles if you do that. But so long as you have the order reversed 'on the way back,' it seems to be working reliably.

Also, you have to release the 'toggle' key before you release the 'hold' key in order for this to work reliably.

Edit: If you press select first, then start every time for toggling it both ways, the key you release first determines whether or not the toggle is successful. To toggle to the blank profile, press select+start, release start first. To toggle to the main profile, press select+start, release select first.

Give it a shot.

Edited by Typhon
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

g

On 6/24/2017 at 6:17 AM, mrreali said:

my english is poor
excuse me
i know this question is for 2016 year
but i answer it because it is may one person has this problem
when you are choosing for buttons a word from virtual keyboard of xpadder
on this virtual keyboard is a button "advanced"
click on it
you see there is a option "set selector"
you can enable it and make it until  with a button switch set 2 or set 1 or set 3

you can  see it on image:

6-23-2017 10-04-06 PM.png

6-23-2017 10-11-02 PM.png

Very good help Sir. Thanks!

I'm sure the OP of this thread did mean to say thanks also, perhaps he forgot. I'm sure he wasn't being rude.