LaunchBox Community Forums

Bigbox and Rocketlauncher demo

JaysArcade

This looks really good. I like all the fade screens and bezel usage, I really miss that and wish it was part of bigbox. 

Other than using bezel and fade screens what other benefits is their to using rocketlauncher? I want to use rocketlauncher with bigbox but it's going to be a pain again and I might as well have stuck with hyperspin?? Or is their benefits of using rocketlauncher with LB/BB rather then using rocketlauncher with hyperspin? Thank you :)

I'd say those, along with the Pause screen are the biggest benefits. You can totally get by just fine without them, but if you love to endlessly tinker with your setups like I do, you'll enjoy messing around with Rocketlauncher. I used to really hate Rocketlauncher/Hyperlaunch, but the more I mess with it, the more I appreciate it.

Aside from fade screens and bezels, rocketlauncher also has an in game pause screen with a save and load manager, image viewer for game maps, access to walkthroughs, moves lists, manual and videos. Another feature I like are in game cue cards where you can have game controls pop up on request. The fake crt shader is also cool for those systems without scan line support.

Edited by Styphelus
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 12/11/2016 at 3:45 PM, JaysArcade said:

You don't have to rename your Arcade platform to get it to work with Rocketlauncher. The way around the naming thing is in the General Options section of the RocketLauncherUI tab in the RLUI, uncheck the Valid Emulators/Modules Only checkbox and then try launching the game through Launchbox/RL. I have my MAME set up this way and it launches just fine, as well as AAE which in LB is named Another Arcade Emulator but in RL it wants it to be named AAE. The bigger problem comes when you set up more systems that Launchbox wants set up in the Arcade Platform by default (just my opinion).

There may be a few more settings to get things working the way you want but this setting here is the one that leads people to believe you have to have the platforms named the same. Its just not true. Being rigid and inflexible? Yeah I would agree with that but there are usually ways to whip RL into shape.

valid only.png

So I have the box unchecked and it isn't working for RetroArch. LaunchBox calls it Arcade and RetroArch only recognizes MAME. 

Any other tips? Changing the command line from LB to RA maybe? 

I hate to edit the module file or change Platform name. 

I had other custom Platform names working with MAME emulator. Just not right now with RetroArch for some reason