LaunchBox Community Forums

Guidance on creating a BigBox Theme

billyc999

Thank you jason carr , hopefully as more and more views and elements become available we can exploit them, over the last 2 days i got to say i enjoyed making the themes

@Trnzaddict the font im using is Bebas Neu, and the progress is down to CriticalCids help, im going to try a few views out today while ive got chance to see how i can make them resemble the likes of nox, advance launcher & rom colection browser.

ive just spotted a view which looks cool but it would require extra code i think asi dont think its possible to have game details for more than one game at a time.

**edit** i've just added a few requests to bitbucket

aeon-nox-5-silvo-mod-for-helix-for-kodi-1558.png.jpg

Edited by billyc999

well i've just created the artwork for a new layoutin photoshop, loaded up Visual studio

i cant seem to get the design window open for wheel2gamesview all i can see is the code. i also noticed when im on wheel2gamesview it adds xml to the menu bar

ive noticed if i try someone else's  theme and can select wheel2gamesview and design window shows up

also i just started editing my esrb rating and noticed in the list above there's no kids to adults rating

Edited by billyc999

I don’t use Visual Studio anymore so I never noticed that. All these additional Wheel views were just recently added in one of the new betas. So it might be that Jason has forgot to add them properly in VisualStudio project files because the newly added "MusicNotificationView.xaml" is missing as well.

But you can definitely edit every xaml file in your theme folder, that’s why they are there. But you also have to activate these additional wheel views in your "ThemeSettings.xml" first before you can use them in Big Box.

Regarding the ratings: Yes, this was just the list of my test installation. Apparently I haven’t any adult rated games in there yet. It’s:

AO - Adults Only

• Like 1

@Jason Carris there anyway at the momnet to prevent boxart overlaping ie 500h x 300w fits great, but then when i go to a system thats got say 500h x 500w box art they overlap

it would be great if height and spacing of boxart stayed the same and width adjusted to image, so wider boxes only allowed so many items on screen to prevent the ovelap

Thank you, the biggest issue i have is the box overlaps on different sized boxes, i keep trying different nox style themes so we can have a bunch of views, but theres a few limitations at the momnet

hopefully jason carr in the near future can get the likes of grid, grid with details and allow different themes on a system basis everything should work quite good.

i tried dark13s date and clock in swf and that works pretty good to add to the theme , also weather but i think yahoo as changed something

Ah, I see. So I assume that's the CoverFlow control? You should be able to adjust the Spacing property on the control which should help solve the issue. Unfortunately due to the nature of the CoverFlow control, it won't dynamically space things out, so you'll have to manually set the spacing. I don't really have a good solution for making that dynamic based on the aspect ratio of the images, unfortunately. Once we eventually allow different themes per platform, we can probably solve it on a platform-by-platform basis, but sadly right now I don't really have a good solution.

ah right, i did put a ticket in asking to see if height could sort of control the width and some kind of minimum spacing at present it seems like the width controls the height if that makes any sense (Not had weetabix today so brains num)

ive been reading on the wpf stuff and wasnt sure if

StackPanel Orientation="Horizontal"

could be used to achieve this