LaunchBox Community Forums

Big Box in Tablet Teclast Slow

alesego

Hi everyone, I´ve bought a Teclast X98 Plus II (product link here). The Specs are really awesome, quad core, 4 gb ram, 64 gb, dual boot (Android+Windows 10).

The tablet goes really good, in fact Mame runs pretty smooth but BigBox Launcher works really really slow; by now, i prefer even not to use it.

Has anybody prove BigBox in Windows 10 Tablet? Something? Welcome any help xD

I use LB on my tablets since it is touch friendly and BB is not but I have ran it on my Atom 1GB of RAM pretty well but start up is terrible on it but once it gets going it is usable but I can't fault the program due to the specs you on the other hand I would think should get better performance with the 4GB of RAM but if it has a quad core Atom I wouldn't expect the world out of it.

You can try to turn of your transitions to see if it improves performance

Edited by DOS76

Also, that is a Quad core, but it's only 1.44Ghz, Windows 10 is probably wanting more. So with W10 vying for power on top of LB, a lower speed CPU wont help regardless of it being quad core. I don't recall what speed your CPU is Derek, but like you said there may still yet be some optimizations that can be done to at least help out. Slimming down W10's services and active running programs, changing the UI to it's basic version will also help.

Yeah turning off the RAM cache is a must for the tablet or I get out of memory error in LB for BB there are no correlating RAM settings so you can't control it there but for me it is usable if not the greatest I use list view in BB no Clear Logos I don't have any videos I'm trying to keep it real basic due to the limitations