LaunchBox Community Forums

CriticalZone v1.3

winedown

On 23.12.2016 at 6:49 AM, winedown said:

Just curious on how to get the graphics on the  CriticalZone (v1.3) - 2 New Views for Game Theme Vidoes at the .30 seconds mark. I got the main platforms to work but in the game listings I can't get it show like it does on the video. What am I missing?

Which video are you referring to?

Do you mean the theme videos? You'll need an EmuMovies premium subscription in order to download them.

How to download them:
Open LaunchBox and go to your Arcade platform. Select all games with Ctrl+A.
Click on Tools -> Download Metadata and Videos -> Deselect all media in the importer except “Videos - Theme” in the EmuMovies step -> Click in “Yes, but do not replace any existing fields”

• Like 1

Are you sure that LaunchBox has already downloaded them? If you have a complete MAME set you it will need to download over 1900 videos with almost 30GB in size. I doubt that LB has downloaded them all this fast. Be sure to download only “Videos - Theme” and nothing else.

You can check if you have them downloaded by going into the Videos folder of your LaunchBox installation. Then navigate to the folder of your Arcade platform and check if there’s a “Theme” sub-folder in it. This sub-folder should contain all the theme videos you have.

Hey, trying to get platform videos to work. I have upgraded to Launchbox 7.2 and switched to CriticalZone 1.3 theme.
Also i have downloaded and activated platform theme videos througth Launchbox.
Video playing engine is: vlc.

Sadly i dont see any platform video, just the default platform whele and informations on the right.
Under th path "Launchbox\Videos\Platforms" there are the videos.

Please, what i am doing wrong O.o?
Is there any special view i have to select?

bigbox.png

4 minutes ago, CriticalCid said:

Yes, the view in your screenshot doesn't feature any platform videos. Try the Views "Platform  Wheel 2,3 or 4".

thx for the hint.
Now the platform video are running, but sadly my i3-3220 doesnt render it smooth.

Anyway, thx and keep up the good work.

pOpY