LaunchBox Community Forums

SNES Games in RetroArch Play Slow

jdubst

It's a Samsung UHD 4k 6290.

EDIT: So I found out how to enable Game Mode. I had to make the TV recognize it as a console... which is a bit odd, but it works. Now when I try turning off Threading, it crashes RetroArch and doesn't save it... how can I turn this off without it crashing on me?

EDIT 2: So I just redownloaded RetroArch and put it in the same location. So Threading is off; however, still getting the crazy lag. So for now, I'll just stick with it being on.

Edited by jdubst

Just a quick search on google I came across someone experiencing loads of lag. Granted they are using consoles, but they touch on up scaling being part of the problem. I wonder If upscaling is enabled in gaming mode? Can you turn it off?

I'm not sure about Retroarch, but maybe popping into the forums over there and seeing if anyone has had similar problems there would be beneficial.

• 8 months later...

I recently had this same problem. I hooked my gaming pc up to my 4k tv and suddenly all retroarch cores started running very slowly. Finally I found that if I went to to retroarch.exe and disabled dpi scaling it fixed the problem. I have found that this solves a lot of problems I've been having since I upgraded to Windows 10