LaunchBox Community Forums

iPAC Keyboard controls 2 player

neohusky

Hi Guys

What a great piece of software I've stumbled upon.  I've got a functional hyperspin setup on my cabinet.  My cabinet has 2 joysticks (ultimarc u360s) acting as win joysticks and an iPAC for the admin and player buttons.  

I'm currently setting up BB and attempted to map my controls.  How can I map both player keyboard buttons as I do in hyperspin to allow both player controls to control BB/LB.

Screen Shot 2017-01-03 at 8.16.21 pm.png

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry my arcade cab is using different hardware encoders. Both controllers have their own USB hookup and are seen as separate Gamepads and a not a single keyboard so I can't be of any assistance with that. Hopefully someone else who has a cab with similar joystick setups can help you out.

• 4 weeks later...

I was looking for this answer as well.

Someone in the issues board said they just used AHK as a work around, mapping the second key on the controller or keyboard to be the same as that on the first controller while in BB.

Unfortunately they didn't say where they put the AHK script which is what I am trying to find...?

Is there a spot to put AHK for Bigbox.exe inside LB or is he likely running AHK natively in windows?

My cab has 2 u360s and the ultimarc ultimate board. I've set up the u360s as gamepads through Windows 10 by purchasing the cable that connects the player buttons (8 buttons all up) to each u360 and the u360 then connects to the PC via USB. Both P1 and P2 u360s+buttons work to control game scrolling and selection. I've used the ultimate board to connect up 10 more buttons. Three are for coin, P1, and P2 and three more are for Esc, Enter, and P for further game control (useful for Steam games). The other four buttons are on the top of the cabinet (hidden from view for most people) to control volume (up, down), Ctrl+Alt+Del, and left mouse button which are useful at times. I'm not sure if I understand your question so hope this info on my set up helps.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey @MANCADE,

Thanks for sharing your setup I may look to moving to something like that in future as I also have the U360 wiring harness, but, never ended up using  it.

The 2 U360s are used purely as joysticks nothing else. All my control panel buttons are wired to an iPAC (keyboard encoder) such that each button represents a keyboard key.  The problem is that P1 and P2 keys are different. When key mapping in LB/BB I'd like the ability setup 2 different keys for each function that way P1 and P2 buttons are both catered for.

The work around would be to create an AHK script to send a different key input when P2 keys are pressed whilst only in LB/BB. This is not ideal, but, is probably the only option to enable P2 controls to navigate LB/BB