LaunchBox Community Forums

Looking for a good dedicated contrlolers setup (Win 10)

SagaXIV

Hi,

IVe been away for a while, and came back recently to my Launchbox project.

I am looking for a cheap (ideally), yet very reliable 2 to 4 contreller setup, wirelessly. I curently have 1 DS3, 2 DS4, but needing one for ps4 limit my choices. I was wondering what people use nowadays, if there are any end-all, be-all piece of software to manage controllers (Windows 10 is giving me a pain). I currrently tried different solutions, but nothing coclusive yet.

Thanks in advance!~

For my setup I use an XBox 360 controller and a Hori Fight Commander https://www.amazon.com/HORI-Fighting-Commander-Controller-PlayStation/dp/B00TKLFES8/ref=sr_1_4?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1483643680&sr=1-4&keywords=hori+fighting+commander

But both are wired so unfortunately that is no good for your specific needs. I use the 360 controller for any system that needs an analog controller and the Hori FC for olde non analog controller systems.

Some people like the 8bido controllers such as this one https://www.amazon.com/Gam3Gear-8Bitdo-Wireless-Controller-Keychain/dp/B01M0SS6AX/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1483643578&sr=8-3&keywords=8bitdo

It's a fairly decent all around controller but the analog sticks are not as good a 360 or a DS4 controller. For a relatively simple all around solution I think the DS4 controller is probably the best setup, you may just have to bite the bullet and buy a couple more for your setup.

As far as managing them is concerned though hopefully someone can chime in to help you out here. I keep hearing of people having issues with Windows 10 and multiple controllers and I have been avoiding it.