LaunchBox Community Forums

Exiting Demul closes BigBox

LogicalEgo

Mine works fine with Launchbox. The issue I'm having is with Bigbox. I'm running Windows 10.

In any case, it sounds like things are working normally for @Sithel (maybe because it only affect Win 10?) and this has only started affecting some of us.

Edited by ckp

7 hours ago, ckp said:

Mine works fine with Launchbox. The issue I'm having is with Bigbox. I'm running Windows 10.

In any case, it sounds like things are working normally for @Sithel (maybe because it only affect Win 10?) and this has only started affecting some of us.

attached is a screenshot of my settings.   And here is a video upload:

Note: I was also having issues closing when i had the program "msi afterburner" running in the backround.  so check any backround processes you may have running.

20170226_225011_HDR.jpg

hmm, i do have msi afterburner running in the background for GPU overclocking, but I'm not willing to stop running that. I guess I'll just have to setup Xpadder or Antimicro for Demul games. i wonder if there are any msi afterburner settings that can be made so it doesn't interfere though?

Edit: actually i thought i had msi afterburner set to start with windows but i guess i don't. there are no msi after burner processes running.

Edit: i just checked. afterburner only runs at startup to apply the overclock settings then exits. so i guess thats not the problem.

Edited by ckp

1 hour ago, keltoigael said:

Hey guys, just stumbled back to this thread. Make sure you have hide emulator/console check marked on the emulator settings tab. Everything is working fine for me now with the script I posted and that setting check marked. Tested it 50 times in a row with no issue as of yet.

hey, it works!!! thanks a lot!!!

Edit: spoke too soon. it worked once. then tried a few more times and it's still throwing back to desktop from BB with the bigbox process running and hidden. :(

Edited by ckp

13 minutes ago, ckp said:

hey, it works!!! thanks a lot!!!

Edit: spoke too soon. it worked once. then tried a few more times and it's still throwing back to desktop from BB with the bigbox process running and hidden. :(

Checl to see if riva statistics is running in the backround. That app interferes also

1 minute ago, meshflesh said:

Checl to see if riva statistics is running in the backround. That app interferes also

it's not. no msi afterburner or diva is running at all. something simply changed in bigbox around controller automation. i never had the problem until recently

3 hours ago, ckp said:

it's not. no msi afterburner or diva is running at all. something simply changed in bigbox around controller automation. i never had the problem until recently

Ok. And one more thing you can try. Use demul ver 0.7 sept 23 2015 edition. Maybe it will close fine with that version. 

And also...out of curiosity....are u having issues closing down pcsx2 emulator??? That emulator used to cause me issues when closing as well.

• 1 month later...