LaunchBox Community Forums

Cannot get Retroarch in Launchbox to work with Nestopia only...

cleverest

Did you download the Nestopia core ? Is your core name correct in the command line parameters ? Is the platform name correct in the associated platforms window ?

While this file I am attaching is not necessary to run games with the Nestopia core it does help with compatibility. It is just an xml file and contains no copyrighted data. Drop the file in your Retroarch \system folder like a bios file.

NstDatabase.xml

Thanks, LordMonkus....strangely enough I've done all of this already...everything is correctly named and the core is DL, showes and can be loaded in Retroarch....even the XML file was done (did it again)....but still no DICE :-(

Gives me a spinning wheel mouse cursor for about 2sec than does nothing....SIGH

I renamed platform and added the (NES) and changed it to the same name in associated platform...and moved all art assets to that new folder (and videos to the new videos folder), everything is like it was before in LB...same issue though....here is my screenshots:

(see below post for other image)

retroarch_edit_emulator.JPG

RetroArch_Command_Line_List.JPG

Edited by cleverest

I just added that based on a video that showed the guy set them both up using the same core, but never used it yet...I may have famicom games imported along with my NES games...haven't really tried them yet, LOL

Right now I'd be happy if Retroarch/nestopia would just open regular NES games... :-)

Famicom games themselves will work just fine with Nestopia but the Disk System games will need a bios file.

I need to go get some lunch right now but I will check back in when I am done and see if you made any progress and may I will do a quick tutorial video on this topic as well. I am 99% certain there is something small wrong here.

It's one of my older tutorials, almost a year old, but the info is still the same. Using the latest RA version, and remembering that the UI and buttons to navigate RA have changed slightly, try and follow this and see if it helps. Also, I've since become partial to Nestopia and bnes, but I think I used FCEUMM in the tutorial only.

So like the others have said make sure the core is downloaded, the command line is set properly.

Make sure the associate platform name is set for both NES and FDS, and make sure the names in there match the name of your platforms in side of LaunchBox. Look at the left hand side of LB, in the side bar, and check your system name. Make sure that name is in the associated platforms box (aka, if you use the default naming scheme, make sure the default name is in there).

FDS Also requires a BIOS file. Any info for a systems BIOS is in the corresponding info file in the RA info folder. I do cover the BIOS requirement in the video, except where to find it.

firmware_count = 1

firmware0_desc = "disksys.rom (Famicom Disk System BIOS)"

firmware0_path = "disksys.rom"

firmware0_opt = "false"

notes = "Suggested md5sum:|ca30b50f880eb660a320674ed365ef7a = disksys.rom"