LaunchBox Community Forums

Clear Logos for Arcade games

TheMadMan007

So I've been having an issue with getting my setup looking like most everyone else's. I see all these videos on the forums, and everyone has all the clear logos for all the games in the arcade section. I've imported all my roms into Arcade (2,805 is the amount of games I have in my set) and then when I go to download the images it has a lot boxes missing, then I turn on Big Box and a lot of the clear images are missing too. Where are you guys finding all the clear logos and stuff? Does anyone have a link to them or can zip up the images folder or something like that?

Yeah, I have a emumovies lifetime account. I just find some of their stuff lacking. like for Capcom Play System II, they don't have any clear logos at all. and when you do download their media, every game is in it's own folder and it takes hours to sort things out properly. I'm going through LaunchBox and just editing them individually and searching for images... its just insanely tedious. 

You importer your MAME roms under the Arcade platform and you used the MAME Importer, correct? As long as you did, it should grab everything available from the LB Games Database. A free EM account will help augment your images as well greatly. If you're searching game by game, then something went wrong. The database may not have every single game, but 2400 or so Arcade games (MAME) I have most artwork. It's also worth noting that Arcade uses Flyers not front box art. Flyers should be showing for Front Box Art automatically, but you can also double check the image priorities in LB to make sure (but again, I think it should happen automatically).

• Like 1

HyperSpin's download section has always been kind to me :) most of everything I use for my setup has either come from HS or EmuMovies. I believe now EmuMovies and HS essentially share the same server when downloading media through the EmuMovies Sync utility. I also use HyperList ROM sets as they are the "cleanest" in my opinion and have no dupes like the No-Intro sets or hacks and other junk like the "GoodSets" The HyperList sets uses a naming convention based similar to No-Intro but with out all the redundant extra tags like revision numbers (Rev 1) and language tags (En, Fr,) etc. Making for a nice, clean set.
Using HyperList sets, I've found that I get more correct media and hardly have to go looking for things as most of the media uses the HyperList naming convention. I've learned that using sets that follow a different naming schematic that downloaders often miss things and result in me having to hunt for them manually. No-Intro sets are great for someone looking for a truly complete set with all regions and revisions of a ROM, but sometimes the long file names with all the different tags can throw an automatic download off and the end result is missing media. Just take a look at the No-Intro GBA set and you'll see what I mean... the file names are insanely long. HyperList sets in short cut out the majority of clutter while still giving a relatively complete set. I see your mainly referring to Arcade sets/media but just wanted to shed some light on getting media for other platforms as well. MAME stuff is a bit tricky due to the fact that with each new MAME release, ROM sets change and may throw off downloading media as sometimes they change ROM names. Therefore the media isn't going to match the current set, at least not right away. Maintaining media for Arcade sets, especially MAME is an ongoing process. Hope I've been of some help to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

With No-Intro's extra tags though, information can be garnered from that for the audit system, helping more than hurting, so No-Intro is still the overall suggested rom set to grab. Also, at least in the Arcade's case, most of the set is covered on the Database automatically, so if you import correctly and let it do it's thing, a majority of your games should have images. Quite honestly, between the Database and EmuMovies, quite a lot of my games have images and it's constantly getting better, so over time it's becoming less and less of an issue.