LaunchBox Community Forums

Frameset and frames page names please

MerlinArcade

10 minutes ago, Maddoc1007 said:

@MerlinArcade Unless you have visualstudio it will be very difficult for you but if you do a mockup of the 2 views you want and give me a week i will try to create those 2 views for you hows that?

Sounds good but just because I like this challenge I will try to move those frames around like so. I just need to turn the blue game list column into a row. Who knows, maybe you will make it work before me.

LB5.jpg

Just now, Maddoc1007 said:

@MerlinArcade If there what your after i will do the rest of the default theme for you tomorrow

They look good but the info it tilted 90 degrees too. I thought the frames would turn but the info would stay horizontal. Oh well, this xaml is wayyy much more complex then the good old HTML I know. hehe.

Give me 2 minutes and I will post a screenshot of what I want...

6 minutes ago, Maddoc1007 said:

@MerlinArcade do you want the background art and video tilted otherwise it will be the same as the default vertical theme with them out of proportion

I'm not sure yet because I kinda like the default theme too but a background is easy to change.

I struggle mostly with the displaying of the rows and columns. The rest is just gravy.

Edited by MerlinArcade

16 minutes ago, Maddoc1007 said:

i see what i can comeup with tomorrow

Alright thanks

I will analyze other theme just to see if I can find something similar

http://forums.launchbox-app.com/topic/35206-merlins-portrait-arcade-games-theme/?do=findComment&comment=219984

At least I know that it is possible because faeran showed me that screenshot a few days ago with the curved horizontal wheel using clear logos and not box covers so that's a nice start.

vertical-screen-game-list-curve.jpg

Edited by MerlinArcade

@MerlinArcade Here is the Default Vertical with the 2 Views they are Platform Wheel 1 for platforms see screenshotPW1.pngAnd Horizontal wheel 1 see screenshotHW1.pngUnzip zip and OVERWRITE THE DEFAULT VERTICAL THEME IN THE THEME FOLDER you need to do this as in the theme there is a themesettings.xml that activates the Horizontal Wheel 1 View hope that is what you were looking for, remember this is just for vertical monitors.

Default Vertical.zip

My friend you are the best...

In the default theme, if I select a new game in the wheel, for some games, I can see a specific background for that game and sometimes it's just the clear logo enlarged.

What I decide to drop the big Merlin in space background and go with the default background change per game, what will I have to do? Just leave it blank?

Thanks again

@MerlinArcade In order for fanart to show for games you must have fanart in the Images and their respective platform named folders ie:boxfront box back etc folder for each game, and for platforms in the images/platforms folder then inside each platform their fanart folder for platforms if the clear logo is showing you have it set in the priorities inside LaunchBox/Options/Tools see screenshot

Untitled.png

also you can set the image type in the toolbar on the right top in LaunchBox or under options in BigBox

Edited by Maddoc1007

Hi Maddoc,

Sorry. been busy these past few days. Time to get back on our little project.

I downloaded your files and named it Default Vertical but I still have 2 little bugs.

1- As I posted in my last post, I still see box covers in the wheel below and not the clear logos.

This is the screenshot of my BB options >> views section just in case the bug would come from there..

LB2.jpg

2- Next, regarding having my Merlin background in BB I went to that section you talked about here Tools>>Options>>Images...

LB3.jpg

And that's what I got...LB4.jpgHowever, my background does appear in the back but in Launchbox and not in the background of BigBox.

Rights now I still see the clear logo of Dig Dug as the game background and not my Merlin BK. Hope you follow me here..

LB1.jpgSo where can I go in BB to do what I just did for LB and make my Merlin logo in the background of BB too for BOTH the platforms and games list?

Thanks again,

Merlin

Edited by MerlinArcade

Ok nevermind the clear logo question above, I found the bug.

It looks like that if you go with "All Game" instead of "All Platforms", BB decides to load box covers in the horizontal wheel as you can see above.

However, if you go with "All Platforms" then suddenly when you enter the Arcade platform, BB shows clear logos instead of box covers in the horizontal wheel.

LB5.jpgSo 1 bug solved, 1 more left.

Gotta learn how to put my Merlin background in the back of these games instead of letting BB show clear logos in the background of each game too like we see here.

If anybody knows what to do please let me know.

Merlin

Edited by MerlinArcade