LaunchBox Community Forums

Frameset and frames page names please

MerlinArcade

@MerlinArcade Glad you got the Logo's sorted as for a single default image for each Platform View or each Game Views in BigBox i'm afraid there is no way to set a single default image for either at the moment as BigBox utilises your images as set in the priorities in LaunchBox.  You should put in a bitbucket ticket for that under issues/requests at top of page for it.

22 minutes ago, Maddoc1007 said:

@MerlinArcade as for a single default image for each Platform View or each Game Views in BigBox i'm afraid there is no way to set a single default image.

Well... looks like I found a way haha.

If you go to the Images folder then Platforms and finally 1 of your platform like Arcade here, you can see a sub folder called "Device". If you place only the BG in that folder, it will only show for that platform so I had to copy my BG into the "Device" folder of Atari 2600 platform too.

LB8.jpg

As you can see, it works.

LB6.jpgLB7.jpg
Oh yeah, 1 more thing. If you want to see a BG image in the Arcade Platform, you will have to rename or delete the Arcade.mp4 video with the red curtains and tv sets that we have standard for that platform.

Edited by MerlinArcade

11 minutes ago, Maddoc1007 said:

nice

Yeah it looks cool.

Btw, I will rename it Vertical Maddoc1007 since you are the one who created this theme.

One more and final favor from you. This is what it looks like right now...

LB6.jpgAnd this is what I would like to do with it.

LB9.jpgBasically, move the arcade logo about 1 inch (100 px) to the right and then move the description details in the bottom right row.

Please let me know the name of the file that you changed in case I want to edit it even further.

Thanks again man

Merlin

Edited by MerlinArcade

3 minutes ago, Maddoc1007 said:

@MerlinArcade give me a bit and ill see what i can do will upload tomorrow night as am working on a theme at the moment  will write name of file as well

Alright cool.

Like I just posted, this is what it would look like with the logo on the bottom row and details on top left.

Kinda cool for a Vertical Theme.

LB.jpg

They kinda look the same anyway with the changes you've done to the games view.

This is the platform once modified.

LB.jpgAnd this is the games list view...

LB1.jpgMaybe Jason or somebody will figure out how to replace the clear logo in the back with better BG images but it's not looking bad for now.

Merlin

Edited by MerlinArcade

When you are done with the code, please let me know where I can find the code for the opacity that you have on top of the background because it's making my BG so dark, it's killing it.

This is my BG...

MainBGV.jpgAnd this is what it looks like when inserted in BB.

MainBGV2.jpgI think I could set it to 0 because my BG is so dark that we will be able to read the white description test and see the names of the platforms in the wheel without that opacity.

6 minutes ago, Maddoc1007 said:

@MerlinArcade  As promised here is the revised PlatformWheel1FiltersView see screenshot i enlarged the wheel as much as i couldUntitled.pnghere is the xaml paste inside the views folder in the theme and overwrite

PlatformWheel1FiltersView.xaml

Looking good. Thank you very much.

I will download it and install it later.

So PlatformWheel1FiltersView is the file for the platform changes. I guess GamesWheel1FiltersView will be for the Games section?

Edited by MerlinArcade

4 minutes ago, Maddoc1007 said:

@MerlinArcade No HorizontalWheel1GamesView.xaml is the one i did for you for for the games.

Thank you.

I guess, I won't have the choice but to download and install this Visual Studio software because I don't want to bug you all the time for little tweaks here and there.

For example, the Arcade logo is a bit too low and next to my Merlin's Arcade Classic sign.

1.jpgThen in the games section, the stretching of the clear logo makes is really ugly and not professional.

2.jpg

3.jpgI was going through the wheel and I noticed that on Ms. Pac-man there are no backgrounds because it has no clear logos so I was wondering if I could simply find the clear logo code in the HorizontalWheel1GamesView.xaml page and replace it with a different directory of my own and then hardcode the URL of my BG image.

Anyway, thanks again for your time and now I have to do the fine tuning.

@MerlinArcade Its banners not logos, the logos are in the wheel, You set your image priorities in LaunchBox for the backgrounds you dont need to use logos you need to play around with the priorities, its the background priorities under images you need to familiarise yourself with these and its also hard for me to sort placement out when i don't have the image you are using. As for the stretching of the background image you are using, you are better of using fanart images for each game for the backgrounds as what you are proposing cannot be achieved through xaml