LaunchBox Community Forums

Riffman's Custom Game Media (Hacks, Fan-made, etc.)

Riffman81

So, I figured with the release of my latest media pack (Mega Man Ultra for the NES) that it was finally time to start my own dedicated thread! :) The purpose of this thread will be to share source art for hacks, fan-made games, homebrews, unlicensed, etc. Got a ROM hack or some other custom game you'd like to see art for? post it here and I'll do my best to put together the appropriate media for use in your BigBox setup. I've only recently been adding ROM hacks and fan-made PC games to my setup and one thing that bugged me was the lack of good quality art. So, in between my current projects over at EmuMovies, I've decided to try and "remedy" the problem by making my own media and sharing with the community. Any and all help is appreciated. I'm going to note that I will be taking a little break from doing media for ROM hacks, etc as I want to get back to finishing up the recording of all the HyperSpin themes. NES is currently completed and I'm just doing editing and then I'll be uploading those to my EmuMovies FTP folder. After I finish those remaing platforms for the HyperSpin videos, I'll get back to being able to dedicate more time to this little project. But for now, below is a list currently of what I have available for this project here on the site for download:

PC (Windows)

-AM2R (Another Metroid 2 Remake)

-Castlevania II: Simon's Quest ReVamped

-Legend of Zelda - Mystery of Solarus

-Mega Man Unlimited

-Streets of Rage Remake

Nintendo Entertainment System

-Castlevania: Chorus of Mysteries

-Mega Man Ultra

-Metroid: Rogue Dawn

-Rockman 4: Minus Infinity

-Super Mario Bros. 3MIX

-Zelda: The Legend of Link

Super Nintendo Entertainment System

-Mega Man X: Generation

-Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past DX

-Legend of Zelda: Parallel Worlds

-Super Mario Land 3: Tatanga's Return

-Super Mario Omega

-Super Metroid (Hyper Metroid)

-Super Metroid: Redesign

I also want to point out that I won't be doing art for every ROM hack out there... there are way to many and lots of them are crap. I wont be doing art for challenge hacks or "IMPOSSIBLE" hacks, (here's looking at you Super Metroid IMPOSSIBLE). I'm mostly interested in hacks that provide a nice challenge but still perfectly beatable, and hacks that compliment the original game in some way by letting you play as a different charachter, or new levels, powerups, etc. In short, I want quality and I want what gets played and talked about the most. No one wants 500 SMB3 hacks in there setup... a handful of the best possible will do just fine :) and besides, you got to draw the line somewhere!

Streets of Rage Remake (Version 5.0a).png

Edited by Riffman81
  • Like 3

Hey @Riffman81 :)

I have a couple of Hacks & Fan-Mades that require some media, if you could add them to the list (either for now or to be done in the future) that would be great :D I do have some media for all these games that your more than welcome to have if you'd like them...ill put what I have after each game :)

The S Factor - Sonia & Silver (2D Box Art & Clear Logo)

Streets of Rage Remake (2D Box Art & Clear Logo)

Sonic Classic Heroes (2D Box Art, Clear Logo & Gameplay Video)

Sonic ERaZor (2D Box Art & Clear Logo)

Super Mario: Star Road (2D Box Art & Clear Logo)

The Legend of Zelda - Mystery of Solarus DX (2D Box Art & Clear Logo)

The Legend of Zelda - Return of The Hylian (Solarus Edition) (2D Box Art & Clear Logo)

Pokémon: Ash Grey (2D Box Art & Clear Logo)

Edited by BlueArrowUK
  • Like 1

Hey @Riffman81 [emoji4]

I have a couple of Hacks & Fan-Mades that require some media, if you could add them to the list (either for now or to be done in the future) that would be great [emoji3] I do have some media for all these games that your more than welcome to have if you'd like them...ill put what I have after each game [emoji4]

The S Factor - Sonia & Silver (2D Box Art & Clear Logo)

Streets of Rage Remake (2D Box Art & Clear Logo)

Sonic Classic Heroes (2D Box Art, Clear Logo & Gameplay Video)

Sonic ERaZor (2D Box Art & Clear Logo)

Super Mario: Star Road (2D Box Art & Clear Logo)

The Legend of Zelda - Mystery of Solarus DX (2D Box Art & Clear Logo)

The Legend of Zelda - Return of The Hylian (Solarus Edition) (2D Box Art & Clear Logo)

Pokémon: Ash Grey (2D Box Art & Clear Logo)

Streets of Rage remake is already on my short list to get done. Everything else I'll make note of :) can you shed some light on the Zelda titles you mentioned? I'm going to assume these are fan made PC titles but I'm not sure. I haven't played those so I'll have to grab them and check them out and also record video snaps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Both of those Solarus Zelda games are awesome and would be great additions to the hack and fan made wheel.

I'm at work right now but just searched to read up on them. Idk how I didn't know about these but they'll be added to my short list as A Link to the Past is my all-time favorite Zelda game! From the snapshots I've seen, they look really good and I'm anxious to play them!

• Like 2

So I'm playing this Zelda game and trying to capture some gamplay for the video... for some reason it isn't playing nice with my 360 controller. Link moves on his own and I'm not sure why? Any of you guys have this working with a 360 pad? In the meantime I've been working on covers for this game...

Legend of Zelda, The - Mystery of Solarus (v1.11.0) Front NTSC.png

Edited by Riffman81
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, BlueArrowUK said:

Personally my friend I have this set up to the d pad as I had the same issue...d pad works perfectly for me :)

Are there controller options in game or do you use a third party program? Sorry, I haven't explored it too much yet and really want to record some high quality video rather then just rip the trailer from YouTube.

I'm thinking of using a program like xpadder to play some of these games with bad control systems...makes things a little simpler 

Unfortunately I'm not seeing any control options in this game. Nothing in the options menu.. obviously I'm missing something here... what version do you have@BlueArrowUK

3 hours ago, Riffman81 said:

Unfortunately I'm not seeing any control options in this game. Nothing in the options menu.. obviously I'm missing something here... what version do you have@BlueArrowUK

Figured it out. Not very intuitive, but if you haven't figured it out yet, you don't do it from the Main Menu options; you have to do it in-game.

After starting up the game, press the "D" key on the keyboard to go into the Inventory/Pause menu

Press the left arrow key once to get to the Video/Input Config menu

Use the down arrow to highlight what you want to change and then press Space Bar to be able to set it to whatever button you want for it and then press the button on the controller to set it.

:)

Edited by CTRL-ALT-DEFEAT
  • Like 2

Yeah, thanks guys! I finally figured it out and am working my way to the first dungeon recording the video. Do you guys want 3D art for this? I don't use 3D art for my PC games as there's just way to much to keep track of and 2D is easier to find. Let me know though.

• Like 2