LaunchBox Community Forums

Riffman's Custom Game Media (Hacks, Fan-made, etc.)

Riffman81

Just finished rendering the theme video. This pack will be up shortly :) I did seven variants of the box art (2D) so you'll have to pick the one you like bast and go with it. I didn't do back box art as of yet but I may at some point. The back box art I found was in french so I wasn't to clear on the story for the game and that's another reason I didn't feel comfortable doing back box art. Everything else will be included (Clear logo, still snaps, videos, etc).

Edit: I suppose I could've just read the in-game story and mocked up a description for the back box. I may do that soon and just update the download.

Legend of Zelda, The - Mystery of Solarus (Version 1.11.0).png

Edited by Riffman81
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Riffman81 said:

Just finished rendering the theme video. This pack will be up shortly :) I did seven variants of the box art (2D) so you'll have to pick the one you like bast and go with it. I didn't do back box art as of yet but I may at some point. The back box art I found was in french so I wasn't to clear on the story for the game and that's another reason I didn't feel comfortable doing back box art. Everything else will be included (Clear logo, still snaps, videos, etc).

Edit: I suppose I could've just read the in-game story and mocked up a description for the back box. I may do that soon and just update the download.

Legend of Zelda, The - Mystery of Solarus (Version 1.11.0).png

Dang that was quick! :D

Alright guys, Zelda Mystery of Solarus is up! I decided last minute to get rid of some of the alternate box art I had made for this title and decided to go with what I though were the best 3. This is a really awesome and very well-made game... I wasn't expecting it to be all that great but it really is and you can tell a lot of care was out into making it. I'm looking forward to the new game the creator is currently working on. Streets of Rage Remake is up next :)@BlueArrowUK, anything specific you want me to do for this title other then a theme? If you like your existing box art, I'll use that... might make some alternates as well. 

• Like 3

Lovely work on this @Riffman81, im really pleased you and @CTRL-ALT-DEFEAT are enjoying them too. I only found these games a few weeks ago when I first started getting into this platform properly...its always nice to find a really well made Fan-Made game :)

When it comes to the Streets of Rage Remake you are more than welcome to use the Box Art and Logo for your pack, i have the same opinion as you @Riffman81 when it comes to 3d art on PC games. I was thinking a Theme, Gameplay Video, Title and Gameplay Screenshots and anything else you can do is a bonus my friend ;)

• Like 1

Lovely work on this @Riffman81, im really pleased you and @CTRL-ALT-DEFEAT are enjoying them too. I only found these games a few weeks ago when I first started getting into this platform properly...its always nice to find a really well made Fan-Made game [emoji4]

When it comes to the Streets of Rage Remake you are more than welcome to use the Box Art and Logo for your pack, i have the same opinion as you @Riffman81 when it comes to 3d art on PC games. I was thinking a Theme, Gameplay Video, Title and Gameplay Screenshots and anything else you can do is a bonus my friend [emoji6]

Thanks for the kind words@BlueArrowUK
I'll get to work ASAP on SORR. As for 3D box art, I'm toying around with a design but so far it's not quite what I'm looking for. I might post something soon and get opinions. I like the simplistic Games For Windows template I'm using now as it keeps things simpler and uniform. I use 3D art for most of my other platforms but honestly all of that art came from my HyperSpin days and I just migrated it over when I switched to LaunchBox. I rarely use the built in downloader to obtain box art and screenshots as I already had complete sets matching my ROMs from when I used HyperSpin.

I mostly use the LB database primarily just to get game info and if I need art, I usually source it out myself and tweak it to my liking.
I will plan on updating the first post in this thread that way I can keep track of what's been done, and what's still on the 'to do' list :)

There are still several Mega Man hacks and PC fan games I want to do such as Mega Man Eternal and Mega Man Revenge of the Fallen, so I'll be adding those as well. After SORR I have to get back to other projects for a bit as I keep getting side tracked with new games, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

For Streets of Rage Remake I'd like a gameplay video in a similar format to the Emumovies ones, some gameplay followed by the title screen. 

As regards boxart, I'd prefer 3D, but 2D would be great too. The original title screen art in high res by Kiwi is the best image to use IMO:

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Charco
  • Like 4

You read my mind@Charco :) I had planned on doing just that! The title screen is a perfect back drop for the theme video.

Wasn't aware EmuMovies had a video snap for this... I'll have to check it out and try and do something a bit different. Never hurts to have variety. If you happen to have a 3D box template I'll be more then happy to make a 3D box for you!

• Like 1

That's great Riffman, really looking forward to seeing it! There is no video snap for it on Emumovies, I just meant the style that they use for their snaps :)

I think there are Mega Drive 3D box templates floating around, I'm at work at the moment so can't really check. If I find anything I'll get back to you.

• Like 2

Yeah I misread your post, sorry about that. I do a lot of vids for EmuMovies so I do all my videos in that style :)
So the Megadrive/Genesis boxes would make for some cool alternatives. I'll get going with some ideas tomorrow after work and post back.

• Like 2

I'm glad your going to be updating the 1st post @Riffman81 as its always nice to see what's been done and what's coming up next, plus its nice to see what other people are playing too which helps expand my collection :)

really looking forward to getting my hands on your NES recorded themes, keep up the great work as always my friend, I will try and help contribute games and media where I can to this thread ;)

Edited by BlueArrowUK
  • Like 1

I'm glad your going to be updating the 1st post @Riffman81 as its always nice to see what's been done and what's coming up next, plus its nice to see what other people are playing too which helps expand my collection [emoji4]

really looking forward to getting my hands on your NES recorded themes, keep up the great work as always my friend, I will try and help contribute games and media where I can to this thread [emoji6]

NES themes are almost done! I would've been done already but I keep finding new themes on the HyperSpin forums and in other places that weren't in the download section. So we'll have a pretty nice collection of NES themes soon! I've also been throwing in my own themes for games that didn't have anything so making those takes even more time but I'll be sure to post and let you know when those are on the FTP.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2017 at 9:18 AM, kmoney said:

I really like the Zelda Mystery of Solarus  pack that you did with the video theme, boxart and such...great job!

Thanks! More on the way as promised :) Just taking a small break trying to finish the recorded HyperSpin themes up and get those out for everyone.

EDIT: BTW, this was just brought to my attention... It's still in development but the current build is fully playable and actually a neat twist on Mega Man 7 in terms of story. I will get to art for this and such after I finish SORR and a few others.

Mega Man 7 (USA)000.png

Mega Man 7 (USA)002.png

Mega Man 7 (USA)003.png

Mega Man 7 (USA)004.png

Mega Man 7 (USA)005.png

Mega Man 7 (USA)007.png

Mega Man 7 (USA)008.png

Mega Man 7 (USA)010.png

Mega Man 7 (USA)011.png

Mega Man 7 (USA)016.png

Mega Man 7 (USA)017.png

Edited by Riffman81
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Hey @Riffman81, any update on your Streets of Rage Remake theme?

I promise it's on my to-do list and I'll see if I can get to it in the next few days. I've been extremely busy with real life stuff. Got a pregnant wife whose ready to pop at anytime so I've been at it trying to get the nursery finished and make sure everything is in order. I will get that one up next without a doubt my friend, hang tight! :)

• Like 2