LaunchBox Community Forums

no mednafen saturn in retroarch

kpop

I've been looking in system information.  It looks like there is more info in there than there used to be... however, I don't seen anything about cores or BIOS.

I moved the same BIOS that works for my standalone mednafen into the system folder of RA and still nothing.

Ah... I think I may have it... I updated the core info files and now I can see the Beetle named cores.

*edit*  Yeah, apparently, even though I updated the cores, it was updating the old mednafen named core... after updating the info files, it now has the new ones... If I load the Beetle core I can see the info for the core normally.

*edit*  ...and, apparently, the BIOS I used to use for mednafen is no longer the same as the one for Beetle.  Walk away from this stuff for a few months and nothing works when you get back.

Edited by Drybonz

41 minutes ago, lordmonkus said:

Yeah you may have to do that. It's a game I actually have and ripped my own disk image for.

I just saw your tip to rename the files to fix the uncorrectable sector 0 error... so I renamed my GH and it booted right up.  Thanks again.   :)