LaunchBox Community Forums

Borderless Gaming

• 3 years later...
1 hour ago, rzyamaki said:

Is there a way to set it up with a  specific game that it can be launched together? As there is a game that I want to stretch but I cannot figure it out how to do that in launchbox

Generally it runs and stays resident in memory waiting for one of the applications you have set and than does it's thing.  (Generally you set it to start automatically on startup)

Is there a reason to start it manually? If you start it manually and the next application/emulator etc starts before its completely started and ready to scan for windows, you could run into timing issues.

I want to run Infinos Gaiden in full screen using Bix box but there is no option in the game itself. If I run game with Borderless Gaming then it makes it into full screen. So that's where I want to make it into full screen with using this app. Is there another method or a script in launchbox to run the game in full screen?

8 minutes ago, rzyamaki said:

I want to run Infinos Gaiden in full screen using Bix box but there is no option in the game itself. If I run game with Borderless Gaming then it makes it into full screen. So that's where I want to make it into full screen with using this app. Is there another method or a script in launchbox to run the game in full screen?

This might help: Borderless Gaming with Steam

Basically, you add you application or window name to the BorderlessGaming app, it watches for that windows/app and switches automatically.

Ok, but would that launch through BigBox when I will launch Infinos Gaiden? Cause I want the game to be stretched fully and without any issues because the game will be installed on my arcade machine and on my arcade there is no mouse or keyboard. So I would like the game to run smoothly without using a keyboard or a mouse. 

13 hours ago, rzyamaki said:

Ok, but would that launch through BigBox when I will launch Infinos Gaiden? Cause I want the game to be stretched fully and without any issues because the game will be installed on my arcade machine and on my arcade there is no mouse or keyboard. So I would like the game to run smoothly without using a keyboard or a mouse. 

Try it, you won't hurt anything.

I can't speak for every game, but a lot depends on individual games/emulators and the support for different resolutions and whether they will allow window mode sizes to be changed.

It will work whether starting from LB or BigBox if it works. It will be looking for the game exe, (Infinos Gaiden), not where it started from.