LaunchBox Community Forums

ROM file doesn't want to import

alexis524

Good Morning all,

imported my Sega Master System library last night and noticed that a handful of titles would not import. Only 103/114 imported. Any idears why and what i can do to get those bad boys back with in with the bunch?

I've tried manually adding them back in but still no dice. Thanks in advance

I think my issue revolves around the fact that i have those two systems separated. As another line of evidence, i can see Alien Syndrome in my Mark III LZ library, but when i try to import the same title into the SMS library, same issue. I don't believe that I can have two of the same exact named titles split over two systems. Since this seems to be the case, this is a bit...disappointing. Maybe this very issue has been mentioned here before when using regional libraries split for teh same system. Hmm, I guess I'll have to throw all ROM's for all regions into one folder and use the sort by region view type to separate SMS from Mark III.

I don't know about that theory I have CPS 1 2 and 3 and Neo Geo separated out as their own platform but all of the games are also in my MAME platform. And in my Mark III platform I have games that I have in my SMS section like Fantasy Zone is in both sections.

Hmm. I've also tried to add the game by going to tools/import/import ROM files and followed the usual steps, selected scraping sources, the whole 9 yards and at the end, it gives me the same message, 0 ROMS imported successfully.

I may just wipe my build and start fresh. I have a few thousand titles in, but only just recently started to get serious in curating my set up. It just so happened that i wanted to start with the Master System since that console/library is near and dear to my heart. Any thing else i can try before i go ahead with a clean install?

Edited by alexis524

Yeah that is how you bulk import the method I'm showing you is how to add an individual game that is being stubborn you can literally add anything to LB that way I could click the add button and add a DLL as a ROM if I wanted to since LB will follow the path the title and the platform I give the file regardless of anything this is the sure fire way to add any game. Its more work but if I recall correctly you are talking under 20 games here and you are going to hose you whole install also have you tried using the checkbox to force add duplicates while importing and see if that had any effect on your issue.

• Like 1

So you did try the add button? I was unsure by your response I know yesterday you said that you did but after our earlier interaction I had doubts because you were saying it was displaying the 0 games found dialog which shouldn't ever come up during an add because LB doesn't scan for the ROM in that case you point it directly to one specific file.

• Like 1

DOS,

for some odd reason, this time around I was able to get Thunder Blade added into my SMS library by using the "Add" button on the lower right corner of the screen.

I dunno. I must have tried adding it that way about a dozen times with no luck, but gave it one more try after your post above and now she's in there like swimwear. Thanks so much for the help 9_9 It's greatly appreciated.

Edited by alexis524

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...