LaunchBox Community Forums

Possible import bug?

Crush

Launchbox v7.6. Import "Super Mario (64).zip" under platform "Nintendo 64 Virtual Console", no problem. I try to import the same rom under platform "Nintendo 64" and i get 0 games imported.

I used a workaround to finally import it, but i wonder why it didn't work the first time around...

The same happened with Starfox 64...

Edited by Crush

I would guess it is  because it is the same exact location as the previous import, although as its under a different platform, and launchbox just looks at it as a duplicate because its already in the xml? Good question though.

Also I would ask why do you want the same rom under two different platforms?

Maybe @Jason Carr, could chime in on this, its not one I have seen before.

Edited by neil9000

Just to be entirely clear - the rom under "Nintendo 64 Virtual Console" is actually "Super Mario (64).wad" contained in "Super Mario (64).zip" and i run this rom with Dolphin.

The rom under "Nintendo 64" is actually "Super Mario (64).z64" contained in another "Super Mario (64).zip" and i run it with Retroarch (glupen64_libretro.dll).

I am just experimenting with different emus.

1 minute ago, Crush said:

Just to be entirely clear - the rom under "Nintendo 64 Virtual Console" is actually "Super Mario (64).wad" contained in "Super Mario (64).zip" and i run this rom with Dolphin.

The rom under "Nintendo 64" is actually "Super Mario (64).z64" contained in another "Super Mario (64).zip" and i run it with Retroarch (glupen64_libretro.dll).

I am just experimenting with different emus.

LOL should of mentioned that in the first post ;) OK I still think its a duplicate issue though, both "Super Mario 64.zip" Although I'm not sure how launchbox handles that, clearly you have them as separate zips, maybe launchbox can not differentiate between the two as they are named the same? Hopefully Jason will see this and offer up a opinion.

1 minute ago, Crush said:

I also think that it is a duplicate issue or a platform issue because "Nintendo 64" is a sub-string of "Nintendo 64 Virtual Console".

I would guess its a outright duplicate issue as platforms can be named anything you want, then "scrape as ....." so I think them just being named the same is the issue. I do say "Guess" though lol, I'm not a coder and don't know how that stuff is coded into launchbox. :)