LaunchBox Community Forums

My Hyperspin setup... and my questions

DerHof2007

2 minutes ago, Zombeaver said:

I think you can actually press ESC after selecting them in order to clear them. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. That is kindof a UI oddity.

No, escape selects 'escape' ... like for the back button.

I remember this always being an issue in the MAME configuration as well.

I'm concerned that If you moved the files into LB but your MAME.exe is somewhere else so is your MAME.ini and if that hasn't been edited to reflect the new ROM location then nothing should work. Even if you move the emulator into the games folder with the roms the roms have to be inside the roms folder or the ini has to be edited.

Also just to add moving the roms back into the ROMs folder like I mentioned isn't an option either because that will break the path in LB

Edited by DOS76

3 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

I'm concerned that If you moved the files into LB but your MAME.exe is somewhere else so is your MAME.ini and if that hasn't been edited to reflect the new ROM location then nothing should work. Even if you move the emulator into the games folder with the roms the roms have to be inside the roms folder or the ini has to be edited.

Also just to add moving the roms back into the ROMs folder like I mentioned isn't an option either because that will break the path in LB

I was thinking it used relative paths. If it doesn't, then yeah.

1 minute ago, DOS76 said:

What version of MAME its working for me just tested

He's not talking about MAME. He's talking about in controller automation in Launchbox. There isn't a button to clear them but there's some way to do it. I thought it was escape or delete or something along those lines.

7 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

Ok, this is a minimal issue... I have no problem editing the ini file if necessary. I'll experiment with that. It's scraping metadata at the moment so I'll mess with that later... The keymapping is screwing with me though.... some of commands are set to none by default. Is there a settings file I can edit?

I'm sure you probably could. There is some way to do it just through LB though. I'm not home to check at the moment.

I remember thinking that you actually couldn't because there's not a visible clear button or anything like that but I remember somebody figuring out what it actually was. What happens if you hover over the fields? Does it show a tooltip?