LaunchBox Community Forums

eXoDos collection question

smackm

Hi, i just downloaded the eXoDos collection ( took 2 days ) and played arround with it for a little while. I noticed in the frontend that came with it ( meagre), that there is a option to "export to launchbox". It is looking for a .XML file. I dont know which .XML file i need to piont it to and what does it actualy do ? Iam just affright that it will mess up something in Launchbox. I have found some stuff on the froums, but im just to new to all this stuff to understand everything , sorry :/

MEAGRE was never updated to account for LaunchBox's changes, so that XML doesn't exist anymore. eXo is working on a method for his set to be integrated, but it's going to take some time yet. I personally just imported all the games like normal, and if a game really needs a conf file to run, you can manually set it. Obviously, that's not the intended way that set is supposed to work, but the alternative is to find an old enough version of LaunchBox, update it so that the XML split happens, then you transfer the DOS XML to your current LB install. The split can cause some issues, but if you're doing it just once, for one system, there may not be too much of an issue.

This is a large investment workaround and it has some minus sides, especially considering exo and Jason are working on a new set... and with Jason involved will probably sync beautifully with launchbox. But, if you set up exodus through rocketlauncher, admittedly a little tricky, you can import your entire exodus set as roms and leave them that way, just use rocketlauncher as the emulator. Perk: you can leave your games zipped and point rl to the folder containing the configs, and launch the games from the zips. Adds a couple of seconds to the launch. Downside, the set does not scrape well in LB as is, and there is media I guess only available to people who use the meager export function.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...