LaunchBox Community Forums

7.8-beta-7 Released

Jason Carr

On 2/25/2017 at 1:07 PM, frostmute said:

I can't seem to find a way to display a platform wheel image for an Auto-Populated Playlist that is included in the Platform List. In Big Box it just shows the text name in the main Platform List for that playlist. I tried adding an image in the playlist config area, as well as creating folders for the "platform" in the Images folder, but Big Box doesnt seem to want to use them. I refreshed the Wheel Image cache as well to no effect.

Wheel images for playlists go under the LaunchBox\Images\Playlists folder and not the Platforms folder. It should automatically be created, and you can tweak the images in LaunchBox using Tools > Manage Playlists.

• Like 1

On 2/25/2017 at 3:22 PM, cammelspit said:

Having an issue where games are not being removed from an auto-generated playlist. Expected behavior would be that they are added to an exception for being parsed but they just stay there.

Ah, it should not be possible to remove a game from an auto-generated playlist; I'll fix that with an error message. At least for 7.8, I do not have plans to add an exclusion list.

3 hours ago, tSRDazz said:

Not sure this is really the right place to ask, as I don't want to risk using the beta (but I appreciate everyone who does!), but will auto playlists be able to list, for example, consoles with region exclusive games? My job involves talking about games exclusive to outside of America, and having a way of listing those titles in Launchbox would be amazing.

Well, they'll support pretty much anything we have metadata for. That said, I'm not sure if the metadata we have available would truly support this. It might come close with some trickery, but I don't think it would be highly accurate. That said, if you had a custom field for region exclusive, then playlists will support it.

14 minutes ago, ALIE said:

Jason just a friendly reminder but the black deafult theme still dont work on mobile.

maybe the white should be defualt untill this is fixed. if a new member uses mobile they might think something is wrong :)

Thanks @ALIE; remind me what doesn't work on mobile? My Android phone seems to be working fine.

Hi Jason @Jason Carr

The sorting issue in LaunchBox is a downright pesky little oddity and it first appeared when the update containing the new Platform Categories feature arrived. All was well before that.
Just recently I happened to remove a platform I no longer wanted after which all my platforms sorted themselves correctly. When I then added a new platform, they all went out of order again. So I removed the new platform and added another (different) new one and all is in order with the Platform and Developer views. However, the Publisher, Genre, Release Date and Series views are still all out of order.

3 minutes ago, spycat said:

Hi Jason @Jason Carr

The sorting issue in LaunchBox is a downright pesky little oddity and it first appeared when the update containing the new Platform Categories feature arrived. All was well before that.
Just recently I happened to remove a platform I no longer wanted after which all my platforms sorted themselves correctly. When I then added a new platform, they all went out of order again. So I removed the new platform and added another (different) new one and all is in order with the Platform and Developer views. However, the Publisher, Genre, Release Date and Series views are still all out of order.

Yes, I know that it was caused by the platform categories integration; we restructured the sidebar to support nesting, and somehow in there the bug was introduced. It's just incredibly odd that it's system-specific. It's interesting to know that it's being caused by certain platforms, though. Hmm.

On 2/27/2017 at 3:24 PM, Jason Carr said:

Per deleting games from playlists, it should, in theory, be prompting you and making it obvious what the game is being deleted from. We may have a had a glitch in previous betas where that popup wasn't showing. Are you getting a message to come up when you delete a game from a playlist? If not, it sounds like we have a glitch on this stuff. But the popup makes it obvious, so I don't plan to have a specific playlist audit feature.

Just tested this.   Works perfectly!   thanks!

• Like 1