LaunchBox Community Forums

MUGEN INSIDE OF LAUNCHBOX?

Emulation_Guru

26 minutes ago, fromlostdays said:

Add the exe like a rom. Then in launchbox right click and edit it, and under the emulator tab tell it not to use an emulator. (Basically telling lb to launch it like an exe)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

ok so i got to add files since MUGEN platform already exist,

add all my exe files from the ones i have...

and tell LB not to select emu? I think that stops you because it won't go to next page without select emu for rom I think

Well if you're doing a bulk import like that, go ahead and select any emu. Then once they are imported, go to the system in LB, Control A to select all the games at once, and then click edit. This will bring up the bulk edit menu, where you should be able to tell all the games not to use an emu.

9 minutes ago, fromlostdays said:

Well if you're doing a bulk import like that, go ahead and select any emu. Then once they are imported, go to the system in LB, Control A to select all the games at once, and then click edit. This will bring up the bulk edit menu, where you should be able to tell all the games not to use an emu.

currently i have 5 different mugen setups installed... this will work with those 5 right? nvm I got it!

Edited by RetroGaming

4 minutes ago, fromlostdays said:

No problem at all. Does it actually pull mugen artwork? I have a bunch of games but have only imported one as a test, and it brought up nothing in terms of art and metadata. Some of the other games have that stuff?

yes indeed look at screenshot lol zomg MUGEN SOULS!... you have no idear @fromlostdays

Edited by RetroGaming
  • Like 1

So as I understand it, adding the cue is instead of the iso is just good practice. However, I seem to recall that some cores in RetroArch don't play well with cues. This is a while ago, it could be fixed. So basically if you can launch the cue in standalone ra, import the cue files for that system.

• Like 1

I only have my own Mugen setup in my LB library so I had to just make my own cover haha.

58b75270bf12a_ZombsMugen.thumb.png.778c9d7bace1b5566a57f88703b2fd78.pngAs far as the .cue/other files question - you always want to use the .cue. It has nothing to do with multi-discs. The .cue directs the emulator to all the appropriate locations on the disc image for various "tracks" of data. The most common impact of this is that if the game uses actual CD audio, without the .cue, certain portions of the game that would ordinarily have music will be silent.

If you're dealing with actual multi-disc games, if you're using a Mednafen core of RA or standalone Mednafen (for PSX, Saturn, and TGCD for example) you should be using .m3us. These are just a text document that contain the .cue names, in disc order, one per line, and then the file type changed from .txt to .m3u. The .m3u can be used as the "rom" in LB and directed to RA/standalone Mednafen. You can then swap discs in-game.

I've got some more detailed information on that in these posts:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Zombeaver said:

I only have my own Mugen setup in my LB library so I had to just make my own cover haha.

58b75270bf12a_ZombsMugen.thumb.png.778c9d7bace1b5566a57f88703b2fd78.pngAs far as the .cue/other files question - you always want to use the .cue. It has nothing to do with multi-discs. The .cue directs the emulator to all the appropriate locations on the disc image for various "tracks" of data. The most common impact of this is that if the game uses actual CD audio, without the .cue, certain portions of the game that would ordinarily have music will be silent.

If you're dealing with actual multi-disc games, if you're using a Mednafen core of RA or standalone Mednafen (for PSX, Saturn, and TGCD for example) you should be using .m3us. These are just a text document that contain the .cue names, in disc order, one per line, and then the file type changed from .txt to .m3u. The .m3u can be used as the "rom" in LB and directed to RA/standalone Mednafen. You can then swap discs in-game.

I've got some more detailed information on that in these posts:

im making custom game media for every mugen that I have lol i'll upload them as I complete them... thx

• Like 1

Just now, fromlostdays said:

I only imported the one game to test, but this evening I'll try and set it up to launch through rocketlauncher. I'm sure you just use the pc game emulator, and then point it to th exe in the game menu.

i hate Rocketlauncher