LaunchBox Community Forums

ePSXe + Lilypad = No Input Detected (In-Game Only)

ScottGotRekt

Hello guys, I've got a very odd problem that I've been wracking my brain over for the past couple of hours.

I wanted to get past the problem with ePSXe where when you exit (via controller automation) it will pop up with a "Really Quit?" confirmation message, I saw that the Lilypad PCSX2 plugin is a good way of getting past this.

This is where the odd problem starts. The plugin detects all my button inputs fine, most other settings are default apart from the one that which closes the emulator without the pop up message.

Yet when I load into the game, no input is detected, I can't use the controller automation to exit the emulator either, the ESC key and Alt+F4 do not respond on my keyboard forcing me to ctrl+shift+ESC.

What makes the problem even MORE odd is that the controller automation for exiting the emulator DOES work while the bios is loading with the SONY white screen Intro then the PS1 logo, it works on those two screens! Then when in game bam, nothing. Cannot exit it any more without ctrl+shift+ESC.

So, how about that?

I'm using a DS4 controller with the latest versions of ePSXe and Lilypad.

Thanks!

The PCSX2 plugin on ePSXe... is that even possible? I mean, it could be the same thing, but that doesn't seem right. Before trying to figure out the solution, pressing your controller automation exit buttons once to bring up the dialogue, and then again during that dialogue will then close out of the emulator. Past that, for ePSXe, on the latest version, there is a check box to not have that dialogue pop up. Otherwise, I don't think a PCSX2 plugin works on ePSXe...?

Because I'm using Steam Big Picture with it's great new full DS4 support, I have a feeling it may be interfering with it? When on device manager, no inputs on the controller are being detected, but in Steam and in games through Steam the controller works flawlessly. 

I shall test BigBox without Steam to see if that helps the diagnosis.

Also @SentaiBrad, if the controller automation twice works then that's good, I shall have a look when I'm back.

Hey guys, a few updates on this...

Unfortunately the method of using the controller automation exit twice does not work, it just brings up the "Really Quit?" message again.

It's odd that the only input plugin that seems to work correctly is the default ePSXe input core 2.0.0; but it brings up the damned "Really Quit?" message on exit.

When using Lilypad 0.10, I can exit successfully using the controller automation, but ONLY during the booting sequence?! So weird, when the .cue file is loaded all input is lost including the automation.

I tried another input plugin called Pokopom, but this has a similar effect to Lilypad, no controller functionality in game.

I'm at a loss.

Any ideas?

(Lilypad works fine on PCSX2 without issue)

• 8 months later...

I'm having a heck of a time getting epsxe + lilypad 20151231175709 (the one that comes with pcsx2 1.4) working. The in-built epsxe plugin doesn't work with two controllers, but with lilypad two controllers (x1s) work just fine. But then I can't exit epsxe with escape or alt-f4. Either from launchbox BB using controller automation, or separately using kb. It's not a Launchbox issue, but I wonder if anyone here has got it working. If so, what were your settings and versions? I have tried the 3 exiting options inside the plugin (send esc, exit emu, and safe fullscreen).