LaunchBox Community Forums

Save state not working in PCSX2

jeck11

I'm having an issue with save states in PCSX2 only when I start the game from Launchbox. If I load the game from within PCSX2, F1 saves and F3 will be able to load that save. If I start the game from within Launchbox, F1 shows that it's saving but F3 just keeps saying save slot 0 empty and I have to use shift-F3 to load the last save state I took when I loaded it directly in PCSX2. 

Details:

PCSX2 V1.5.0

Launchbox 7.7

Loading GTA San Andreas

Windows 10 pro

OK I figured out more details...   It appears that the controller automation of close active window is corrupting the current save slot in PCSX2. The save and load function perfectly if I use the escape key on the keyboard. Should this be logged as an issue with Launchbox or is it more of a PCSX2 problem?

@jeck11 I know I cannot help figure out what is wrong, but wanted to share I just tested save/load states on my system for PCSX2 and I do not have any issues with F1/F3 save/loads working in either PCSX2 from direct launch or when launching PCSX2 from either Lunchbox or BigBox. I have controller automation mapped in both Lunchbox and BigBox to close active window as well. 

edit: Just tested with GTA San Andreas as well as no issues. 

Edited by Retro808

Oh that's interesting. What version of PCSX2  are you using? Here's how I'm replicating the issue:

1. Load GTA directly within PCSX2
  2. Get in game and create a save state (F1)
  3. Cleanly exit PCSX2
  4. Load GTA from within Launchbox
  5. Press F3 to load save state

That should work so then I...

1. Press F1 to create a new save state in slot 0
  2. Use Launchbox key combo to kill active window (Select+Start for me)
  3. Load GTA from within Launchbox
  4. Press F3 to load save state

This is where I'm getting the slot 0 error. 

7 minutes ago, jeck11 said:

Oh that's interesting. What version of PCSX2  are you using? Here's how I'm replicating the issue:

1. Load GTA directly within PCSX2
  2. Get in game and create a save state (F1)
  3. Cleanly exit PCSX2
  4. Load GTA from within Launchbox
  5. Press F3 to load save state

That should work so then I...

1. Press F1 to create a new save state in slot 0
  2. Use Launchbox key combo to kill active window (Select+Start for me)
  3. Load GTA from within Launchbox
  4. Press F3 to load save state

This is where I'm getting the slot 0 error. 

Hi @jeck11, I have just followed your description to the letter and am not seeing the issue you are describing. Saving and loading save states work just fine when I quit either with escape or select start which is also my quit command. I'm running pcsx2 1.5 if that helps at all.

PCSX2 is version 1.5.0

I j just tested replicating your steps above and the save/load works fine from Launchbox load of GTA San Andreas. I also tested by creating new save state and playing for a few minutes then reloading the save state without exiting the game. 

I did notice it would not work if I tried to load a save state during a cut scene or when the iso first loads. As long as I wait until the game is at a point when I can control the character the loading of a save state works fine.