LaunchBox Community Forums

How to enable video?

Echorion

17 hours ago, Retro808 said:

Have you tried switching from VLC to media player in the BigBox settings? 

Yes.

15 hours ago, DOS76 said:

Make sure you are using a view that uses videos for starters.

I am currently.

I have tried using this theme as well recently:

It looks exactly like it does in his video; except the video won't play on the screen and instead runs in the background behind the background image or something; so all I can hear is the audio from it.

Edited by Echorion

15 minutes ago, Echorion said:

Yes.

I am currently.

I have tried using this theme as well recently:

It looks exactly like it does in his video; except the video won't play on the screen and instead runs in the background behind the background image or something; so all I can hear is the audio from it.

Hi, it does work you need to use these settings, Windows media player, and turn off the videos.

Like this.

Screenshot (45).png

4 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Hi, it does work you need to use these settings, Windows media player, and turn off the videos.

Like this.

Screenshot (45).png

Thank you very much that did it for me.

Some of the themes tell you what settings are used, and it's really helpful when they do. Unfortunately some do not; and if you are not already 100% familiar with what they all do yet, it's a lot of trial and error to figure it out.

3 minutes ago, Echorion said:

Thank you very much that did it for me.

Some of the themes tell you what settings are used, and it's really helpful when they do. Unfortunately some do not; and if you are not already 100% familiar with what they all do yet, it's a lot of trial and error to figure it out.

Yeah that theme your using is one of the very first user created themes a lot has changed since then. Theme creators can now actually force correct settings in there themes so they just work, which makes it much easier. Also I'm not 100% sure but VLC may not have been incorporated into launchbox when that theme was created so has to use windows media player.