LaunchBox Community Forums

Retroarch and Commoroe 64 : 3 new cores! 3rd one - VICE 3.0 (Commodore 64 emulator)

dov_EL

This is going to be really dumb, but I don't know anything about GIT and I'm having trouble downloading those files for the "data" folder. Any suggestions?

Update: If you're having the same issue, you can go to this website: https://minhaskamal.github.io/DownGit/#/home

Input the address for the data folder, should be: https://github.com/libretro/vice-libretro/tree/4ef3e4f6b4b9f52b15444f7e4cd53e93c73c948e/vice/data

And click download. This can take a minute, but it will download a zip of the data folder.

However, even with this in place, I can't personally get the core to work properly. It'll load up the core, but it give an error Cannot locate Device*  and not load the game. May you have better luck. :D 

Edited by fromlostdays

8 hours ago, fromlostdays said:

However, even with this in place, I can't personally get the core to work properly. It'll load up the core, but it give an error Cannot locate Device*  and not load the game. May you have better luck. :D 

Make sure that in retroarch-core-options.cfg you have these settings:

vice_Statusbar = "disabled"
vice_Drive8Type = "1541"
vice_DriveTrueEmulation = "enabled"
vice_RetroJoy = "disabled"
vice_Controller = "keyboard"

• Like 2

• 11 months later...

Sorry for refreshing an old thread, but I came across this thread when looking for an answer for my problem with a gamepad in VICE core and I found a solution by accident so I decide to share it here. Maybe someone who went the same way would find it useful.

Commodore 64 uses second port for the first player, so you need to use the second gamepad or use the following setting to have it on first port:

Quick Menu > Options > Retro joy0 [ON]

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 3/20/2018 at 7:37 PM, siggard said:

Sorry for refreshing an old thread, but I came across this thread when looking for an answer for my problem with a gamepad in VICE core and I found a solution by accident so I decide to share it here. Maybe someone who went the same way would find it useful.

Commodore 64 uses second port for the first player, so you need to use the second gamepad or use the following setting to have it on first port:

Quick Menu > Options > Retro joy0 [ON]

retro joy in not avaiable in VICE :(