LaunchBox Community Forums

Launch options to select between different emulators

archimage

Hello,

I'd like to know if there's a way to choose between two emulators on a specific platform ? I have done 2 emulators settings for one platform, one for CRT with options settings for that purpose, and one for LCD, I'd like to choose between them with a right click, and better, if possible in Bigbox too.

Thank you

Edited by archimage
  • Like 1

It's currently not possible, easily. Multiple emulator support has been requested before though. You could set up an additional application for this, but you have to do 1 game at a time. Bulk Editing the emulator back and forth is possible, and very easy, but obviously annoying when you want to switch. Otherwise, if it's more on a game to game basis, and depending on the system, using RetroArch's game overrides is a good way to have the games automatically use specific shaders.

• Like 1

in fact I was talking about using a real crt as a second monitor, that I use when playing old games, not shaders. Sometimes I just need to use the bigger LCD screen, I have made 2 .bat files with Retroarch overrides that points to the right screen at the right resolution for each emulator. Doing this for 1 game at a time is quite annoying, when I need to use LCD I don't want to mess with CRT settings for each game, it breaks the Bigbox experience. I will try to figure out something until you make this option available.

Well I don't do any code, that's all @Jason Carr, and the best way for it to be implemented is by creating a request ticket. I am confident it's already been made, so when you click Issues/Requests at the top, search for the ticket and vote on it. If it somehow doesn't exist, then go ahead and create it. Don't forget to vote on your own ticket.

• Like 1

Quick question if you are using RetroArch do you want the changes on a per-game basis or is it more all NES games you want to be on the CRT because that is achievable in the RA UI just by creating a core override that point the monitor index in the Video settings to that monitor for all NES games.

That's what I did, I created .cfg files dedicated to each console/monitor which points to the right monitor and coupled them with .bat files for changing the resolution of the monitor accordingly for each console emulated. What I want is choosing wheter I launch the emulator on monitor 1 or monitor 2 depending on which one is turned on. My default and only setting for now is nes_crt.cfg, and I would like to have the ability to choose nes_lcd.cfg too.

Edited by archimage