LaunchBox Community Forums

Small Screen While running CPS2 via retroarch

johnnyskullhead

DSC_0514.thumb.JPG.fff6c0b31461eff40a978d4de6199808.JPGDSC_0515.thumb.JPG.2627b73cbdbc4b9f66e75f65250860e2.JPGHi

sorry to post another problem

Getting a lot of help from SentaiBrad  via another post and I would like to thank him

I am really struggling had to reinstall CPS1 & 2 cos of a hdd fowl up

CPS1 runs full screen fine etc but CPS2 display area is small to the left about half of the screen I try to make changes to settings but no change some games like 1944 shrink to like a quarter of the screen

is it sommat I have done ?? is it a shader or sommat

any help would be appreciated

is there way to get it back to stock values

Dean

Edited by johnnyskullhead
added pics

So I posted the thread to the other mods like I said in my post on the other thread just in case, but it does seem more like the image is being cut in half rather than scaled. However, I think the best thing to test this out would be to update the cores in RetroArch, and then pull a fresh RetroArch.cfg from the zip's that you download from their site. This will help eliminate if it's a settings error or a PC error. It might be easier just to pull a completely fresh install all together from the RetroArch site, so if replacing just the RA.cfg doesn't work try that too.

6 hours ago, SentaiBrad said:

So I posted the thread to the other mods like I said in my post on the other thread just in case, but it does seem more like the image is being cut in half rather than scaled. However, I think the best thing to test this out would be to update the cores in RetroArch, and then pull a fresh RetroArch.cfg from the zip's that you download from their site. This will help eliminate if it's a settings error or a PC error. It might be easier just to pull a completely fresh install all together from the RetroArch site, so if replacing just the RA.cfg doesn't work try that too.

so do I go into retroarch and update that way or go to retroarch website outside of emu and download fresh RetroArch.cfg and paste into exisiting install ?

Yea, try the shaders thing too. Once Monkus said that it rang a bell for me too. If that still doesn't work though, grab a new zip of RA from their site and try replacing the RA.cfg (the default config) or try upgrading to the new version all together. The online updater only updates to a certain extent, and since they don't install like LaunchBox does for example, you'll always need to grab a new package or the exe upgrades to full update. In this case though, grab the full package so you get the default cfg.

1 hour ago, SentaiBrad said:

If things aren't saving right, where did you put the emulator? Try somewhere not on your C drive, and I am now leaning towards trying a completely fresh install of RetroArch more and more.

Are you trying to save globally or as a core override?