LaunchBox Community Forums

Big Box Mode Crashed after new Windows 10 Creators Update 1703

blackstar1

As dumb as this sounds, have you restarted since the update? I would also like you to try install LaunchBox over the install you currently have and then restart. If you go in to ../LaunchBox/Updates/, and sort this folder by date, double click the newest exe here and install that on top of your current install. Nothing will change, but everything related to LB will be refreshed. It might even be a good idea to try and repair or re-install .Net (the latest) too. The installer normally would, but if it already things it's installed (regardless of it's broken or not), then it wont try and install it. You can grab .net from here.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SentaiBrad said:

As dumb as this sounds, have you restarted since the update? I would also like you to try install LaunchBox over the install you currently have and then restart. If you go in to ../LaunchBox/Updates/, and sort this folder by date, double click the newest exe here and install that on top of your current install. Nothing will change, but everything related to LB will be refreshed. It might even be a good idea to try and repair or re-install .Net (the latest) too. The installer normally would, but if it already things it's installed (regardless of it's broken or not), then it wont try and install it. You can grab .net from here.

Hi SentaiBrad,

unfortunately to install the EXE file in the "Updates" folder brought no change.

Also I can't install .Net because Windows 10 says it's already installed.

Edited by blackstar1

1 hour ago, DOS76 said:

I doubt you will find many Windows beta testers around here as far as I know I'm the only other one and like I said I'm not having any issues.

Ok, what can I do?

Install LaunchBox completely new?

Respectively how can I install LaunchBox completely new whiteout losing all my settings?
Edited by blackstar1

EDIT: I initially had a corrupt NVIDIA driver install that was causing problems but it wound up having nothing to do with Launch-box or Windows 10 Creators build. re-installing the NVIDIA driver again seems to have resolved the issue. I stand by my below comment, Will update this post if anything changes. Seems like the creators build 1703 works just fine with Launch-box. The framerates actually seems better with this new build

_________

Original comment;

Im running Launchbox with the final windows 10 creators build 1703. I have not experienced any issues at all running a heavily populated Launchbox. Xbox 1 controllers seem to be working fine so far as well. Windows does prompt that it is adding back Xbox and other input device driver support after updating. Thankfully, all seems to be running well. The system seems a little faster and frame rates are the same if not better in most cases here. I'm running Launchbox on the latest beta which at the time of this writing is v7.9b7.

Regards,

Mazjohn-  aka  "Mr . Arcade"

Edited by mazjohn
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, mazjohn said:

EDIT: I initially had a corrupt NVIDIA driver install that was causing problems but it wound up having nothing to do with Launch-box or Windows 10 Creators build. re-installing the NVIDIA driver again seems to have resolved the issue. I stand by my below comment, Will update this post if anything changes. Seems like the creators build 1703 works just fine with Launch-box. The framerates actually seems better with this new build

_________

Original comment;

Im running Launchbox with the final windows 10 creators build 1703. I have not experienced any issues at all running a heavily populated Launchbox. Xbox 1 controllers seem to be working fine so far as well. Windows does prompt that it is adding back Xbox and other input device driver support after updating. Thankfully, all seems to be running well. The system seems a little faster and frame rates are the same if not better in most cases here. I'm running Launchbox on the latest beta which at the time of this writing is v7.9b7.

Regards,

Mazjohn-  aka  "Mr . Arcade"

How can I install the Beta v7.9b7 without losing all my settings?

Beta's don't make you lose anything. It is a beta, so something might happen, you should make a backup of your LaunchBox/Data folder at the very least if you're worried, but nothing bad should really happen. Enable the beta check box in the LB options and restart LB.

6 hours ago, SentaiBrad said:

Beta's don't make you lose anything. It is a beta, so something might happen, you should make a backup of your LaunchBox/Data folder at the very least if you're worried, but nothing bad should really happen. Enable the beta check box in the LB options and restart LB.

Even with the Beta Version, Big Box crashes every time.

I don't know what to do.

Edited by blackstar1

I don't think it has anything to do with LaunchBox honestly. Another thread in here said something about their drivers being bad, and at first I thought that updating drivers or codecs wouldn't help, but maybe updating drivers would. I use IOBit Driver Booster for all my drivers, and it's phenomenal. I would try that, and if your graphics drivers don't get updated re-install them just in case. As well as the .Net Framework stuff, Uninstalling it, restarting and re-installing it would be best. It not installing right because it's already installed is something it does and I forgot.

15 hours ago, SentaiBrad said:

I don't think it has anything to do with LaunchBox honestly. Another thread in here said something about their drivers being bad, and at first I thought that updating drivers or codecs wouldn't help, but maybe updating drivers would. I use IOBit Driver Booster for all my drivers, and it's phenomenal. I would try that, and if your graphics drivers don't get updated re-install them just in case. As well as the .Net Framework stuff, Uninstalling it, restarting and re-installing it would be best. It not installing right because it's already installed is something it does and I forgot.

I try everything, I updated all drivers with "Driver Booster" , I updated my graphics card and re-install the drivers, I re-install .NET Framework. It was all useless.

BigBox crashed every time.

How can I install Launchbox completely new?

Which files do I need to keep my settings?

My System:

• ASRock Z170 OC Formula
  • Intel i7 6700K
  • Noctua NH-D15
  • Fractal Design Define R5 PCGH
  • 32GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 RAM
  • Palit Jetstream GTX 980 Ti
  • Samsung 850 Pro SSD
  • Samsung 4K Monitor U28D590D 
  • 600 W bequiet! Straight Powe E10
  • Windows 10 Creators Update 1703
Edited by blackstar1

6 minutes ago, SentaiBrad said:

All you do is go in to your ../LaunchBox/Updates folder, sort it by date, and double click the newest exe from the list. Pick your LB location and install on top of it. Everything will remain intact.

Unfortunately it doesn't help.

Thanks anyway.

Have you another idea?

I know this isn't really all that helpful but over the last two days I've updated 14 computers (in ever size and form you can think of) to Creators Update and I've tested LB/BB on at least 8 of them so far without any issues so it is machine specific in your case. Have you tried installing LB to another folder and seeing if it works okay from a fresh install