LaunchBox Community Forums

Zinc and Zenith GUI within Launchbox

RCKJ

Hi @RCKJ

I use Zinc with LaunchBox no problem. However, with Zinc requiring the game parameter to be a number rather than the rom name, I use it as an application with the rom number as a parameter. See image below.
To use Zinc as a conventional emulator, with LaunchBox pointing to game filenames, you would need to set the emulator in LaunchBox to a bat file instead of the Zinc executable. This bat file would take a game filename parameter, map it to the corresponding rom number and then call Zinc with the number as the parameter. You may find a bat or script on the web that you could use or customise to do this.

Zenith is a dedicated Zinc frontend. Does it have a command line, and if it does can this handle opening Zinc with a game's rom name as a parameter while hiding the Zenith GUI? If it can do this then you could experiment with setting it up in LaunchBox with Zenith as the "emulator".

In essence what you would be trying here is using LaunchBox (a frontend) to run Zenith (another frontend) in command line mode to run Zinc (an emulator) to play a game. When you quit the game I don't know what will and what won't close itself.

zinc-1.PNG

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 4/13/2017 at 7:28 AM, spycat said:

Hi @RCKJ

I use Zinc with LaunchBox no problem. However, with Zinc requiring the game parameter to be a number rather than the rom name, I use it as an application with the rom number as a parameter. See image below.
To use Zinc as a conventional emulator, with LaunchBox pointing to game filenames, you would need to set the emulator in LaunchBox to a bat file instead of the Zinc executable. This bat file would take a game filename parameter, map it to the corresponding rom number and then call Zinc with the number as the parameter. You may find a bat or script on the web that you could use or customise to do this.

Zenith is a dedicated Zinc frontend. Does it have a command line, and if it does can this handle opening Zinc with a game's rom name as a parameter while hiding the Zenith GUI? If it can do this then you could experiment with setting it up in LaunchBox with Zenith as the "emulator".

In essence what you would be trying here is using LaunchBox (a frontend) to run Zenith (another frontend) in command line mode to run Zinc (an emulator) to play a game. When you quit the game I don't know what will and what won't close itself.

zinc-1.PNG

Hi, can someone do a new tutorial for this, this picture doesn't correlate with how Launchbox looks now. Thanks