LaunchBox Community Forums

MAME .182 HI SCORE?

latin625

Hi!

I have MAME 182 running and can not seem to keep any of my high scores, how do you accomplish this?  It erases the high score when I restart the machine.  Thanks!

Before I used to "save state" on older versions of mame to cheat and keep the hiscore in place.

I enabled HI Score doing this. Open up your MameUI and go to

Options > Default Game Options > Miscellaneous II

Then you'll see this picture below.

58f159de74b97_hiscoreoption.thumb.PNG.d46997747f9ca48f6c787107f6ec55ae.PNGCheck "Enable internal LUA Plugins"

Select Plugin > hiscore

Folder structure you should have a folder called hi and dats, in the dats folder should be your hiscore.dat file. In the hi folder is where the hi scores will save on a per game basis. For some games to save you may need to clear your nvram folder.

Below is folder structure

58f15b9a5eb6d_structuremame.thumb.PNG.87f968d9c976dab6852f0bd8160db20c.PNGWhen a rom saves the hi score the files in the hi folder will be like this below.

58f15bed3d824_hifolder.PNG.d851797fca19d420f49b0952036267b5.PNGGood luck!

• Like 1

Man, couldnt get it running.  Found a old version of MAME 1.7 and it is golden!  Some sweet scanlines and event artwork for small screens to get rid of the black space.  Using Save state on the MAME as well.  Thanks guys,  But I had to go with the easy way.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...