LaunchBox Community Forums

lost license

frankieboyo

1 hour ago, SentaiBrad said:

How long ago did you send your e-mail @Echorion?

Not too awfully long ago, but it was more than 24 hours ago.

I saw other people got theirs within that timeframe usually though so I am wondering if it just normally takes longer than that, or if I just didn't give enough info in my E-mail or what.

Guest Kirsten Marie

Hey @frankieboyo and @Echorion, I just resent both of your licenses. Let me know if you have any issues! So sorry for the delayed responses just saw the E-mails today! 

Thanks.

This seems to be something that happens a lot though, is it possible to set up something automated? I mean usually something like this is just bound to an account or something, but I imagine so people can keep stuff offline for arcade projects you didn't want that- but it is still linked to the E-mail isn't it?

I dunno just thinking out loud, but thank you very much for sending it asap <3

Well, we don't want to have DRM get in the way. We could do more, but we don't want that to get in the way of everything. It's certainly a fine line. People lose access to accounts just the same. The best course of action, I would say, is upload your license to a private cloud account and mark the e-mail as important or put it in to a save folder in your e-mail client. To tie it to an account, we'd also need to overhaul the account system the way it currently is; There are 3 separate account systems going on as is. xD