LaunchBox Community Forums

Do I have to create to different "systems" for computers that use floppy and cart for mess command lines?

heelsinc

I've seen some of the tutorials for I think Commodore maybe.  Because the command line was -cart or -floppy or whatever Brad created two distinct "Systems"  is there a way for me to do this so I only have to make one system and can use both command lines?

Easiest is to just make a separate platform.

Though now that I think of it you could add a new emulator that simply points at the same emulator exe but with a different command line parameter and then set each games emulator to the new one you just added. Still some effort involved but not as bad as changing the command line parameter, you just choose the new emulator from the drop down menu.

If you have 5 games 2 are cart 3 are flop and you use control to select those the games you can bulk edit those and change the emulator for all three at once without changing the two that are carts.

(I'm aware you have more games than 5 this is just an example)

That's where you could setup a new emulator but pointing to the same exe with a different command line parameter. The drawback though would be that bulk editing games later would become annoying since you would have a mixture of games and emulators.

Creating the 2nd platform while scraping the old platform would be the easiest and then create a playlist combining all of them into a single list if that is something you wanted.

hmmm I'm wondering if I could set up the system with the command line for say the floppy games but only import the cart games.  Then bulk edited the cart games that have been imported then upload the the floppy games.  That would probably be the easiest????