LaunchBox Community Forums

Mame .184

johnnyskullhead

Just downloaded non merged .184 set 130 gb approx

want to import to launchbox

how do I import without re-downloading all the images ? and can I do it under a different name cos the arcade romset i've got now is great and until I have checked .184 I don't want to get rid of the older romset

is it possible to have two sets running at same time ?

Thanks Dean

If you remove the old set from Launchbox you can import your new ones and it will use the old artwork and metadata that is still there, removing the games from LB doesn't remove that stuff.

You can have multiple sets, import under a new platform if you want to but then you will have to rescrape and download so that would take some time.

I have 2 sets imported into my setup. One is a full set with all the mahjong and gambling trash excluded and the other set is a streamlined set of my favourite games. I did this before we had playlists and stuff.

you could also import your new set as a new platform select none when it comes to downloading the media and then go to tools manage platforms and direct your new platform towards your other arcade set and they will use all the same art assets

If you have the MAME set but don't have the CHD files then you won't have the CHD files even if you use the .bat file it can't pull files you don't have in the set out of the set. I'm assuming you are using Brad's .bat files and not mine since his are updated and mine didn't pull the CHD files.