LaunchBox Community Forums

Re-importing my Arcade collection...question before I do

cleverest

I have a very recent complete MAME collection; despite this and doing the import process (skipping clones), I'm clearly missing some titles; which I know because some of the imported games won't work (also tagged to NOT import non-working titles)

One example off the top of my head is:  1941

LB imported 1941a.zip; which doesn't work....I had to download 1941.zip and point it to that...and it works..

Should I reimport over my existing collection and choose to import clones? Would that cause a huge mess or will LB group the clones/originals together (via 'additional apps', etc)?

Thanks everyone.

I would personally delete your arcade platform and re-import, I would also import clones as yes launchbox will group the clones together. You can uncheck all the image downloads as you should already have all that stuff from your previous import so the import will be much quicker than the original due to not having to download any images. You will still need to check the download metadata box though. Hope that helps.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cleverest said:

Are you aware of the site that breaks down simply what new games have been added, and which games are now playable that we're not before?   I would love to check that, 

This guy on YouTube does an update every month on what new games are playable upon new updates. I'd say 95% are games I'd never consider playing and usually never a need to even update your rom set imo. Sitll a good watch to see what's new. Click the top left of the embedded video to see his entire playlist :) 

• Like 1

Yeah that's why I started afresh with 0.184, I was using CLRMAMEpro to update and with all the stuff it was moving to a temp backup folder before fixing it I got to about 50% done and my HDD ran out of space. So I just cancelled it, downloaded everything fresh to a different HDD which had the space, and just deleted and re-imported the whole set.