LaunchBox Community Forums

AxLaunchBox v1.00 (Play all your flash games in launchbox) Plugin

AxLauchBox v1.00

===============

Hey everyone i present to you my Second Launchbox plugin AxLaunchbox.  With this plugin you will be able to launch all you're favourite shockwave flash games and movies all within launchbox

Instructions

Unzip the contents of the file into your launchbox plugins folder , all dll's must go into the folder for this plugin to work.

There is also a file called dummy.exe you can put that in there too, import your games as Flash on launchbox and point emulator to dummy.exe , this will allow you to be reminded if needed that you launch the games by right clicking and clicking Launch with Axlaunchbox ;) just a place holder so launchbox thinks there is an emulator there.Yot do not need to use the dummy.exe if you do not wish.

Unfortunalty you will have to find your own images for the covers until I or one of the launchbox team codes a Flash scraper :)

Enjoy

Feedback and drinks are very much appreciated , Thankyou

Superfurry(Paul)

AxLaunchbox.rar

flash1.PNG

flash2.PNG

flash3.PNG

• Like 7

Just setup a couple of .swf files and used dummy.exe as my emulator.  All seemed to work great and the games started up and played correctly.

The one thing I would ask for is use the default icons for minimise/maximise/close window as they all look the same on my setup at the moment, so I ended up closing the game down when I actually wanted to maximise the screen :D

Other than that, top work Paul!

Cheers,
Steve.

Edited by Steve39
  • Like 1

I have had my 1300 Flash Games in LB/BB already just as imported ROMS for my Flash Platform, and have a Custom Stand Alone Flash Player for a Emulator and that has worked perfect for me.  I am trying to understand how this plugin works exactly I guess.  Because I have to use different versions of my Flash Players for some older Flash games I have.  I already have images for almost all of them as well already.  :)

Edited by jchasa

I have had my 1300 Flash Games in LB/BB already just as imported ROMS for my Flash Platform, and have a Custom Stand Alone Flash Player for a Emulator and that has worked perfect for me.  I am trying to understand how this plugin works exactly I guess.  Because I have to use different versions of my Flash Players for some older Flash games I have.  I already have images for almost all of them as well already.  [emoji4]

Well don't worry about the dummy file , just right click each flash game and press launch with axlaunchbox and it will work :) it doesn't matter what folders the flash games are in you won't have to move them , it's up to you if you want to use your own standalone flash player though , it just have that built in to the plug in :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, superfurry said:

Well don't worry about the dummy file , just right click each flash game and press launch with axlaunchbox and it will work :) it doesn't matter what folders the flash games are in you won't have to move them , it's up to you if you want to use your own standalone flash player though , it just have that built in to the plug in :)

Ok, I see now, no worries this is a cool idea.  I am checking it out now.  Thanks.

-Update

Just checked it out that is pretty cool, nice work on the axlaunchbox it looks nice.  I am checking compatibility with different games I have now.  One thing for me though is that it opens behind LB for me.

Edited by jchasa
  • Like 1

Ok, I see now, no worries this is a cool idea.  I am checking it out now.  Thanks.

-Update

Just checked it out that is pretty cool, nice work on the axlaunchbox it looks nice.  I am checking compatibility with different games I have now.  One thing for me though is that it opens behind LB for me.

Hmm that's strange , must be a setting your end maybe you have LB to always on top or something?

5 minutes ago, superfurry said:

Hmm that's strange , must be a setting your end maybe you have LB to always on top or something?

I believe so, If I check to have LB minimize it works fine.

I believe so, If I check to have LB minimize it works fine.

It opens in full screen for me everytime, il add something in the next release to choose what size window you would like to open on :) any other ideas I could add?

Just now, superfurry said:

It opens in full screen for me everytime, il add something in the next release to choose what size window you would like to open on :) any other ideas I could add?

Just to clarify it does open full screen just behind my LB window, so if I minimize LB yours is there.  Sorry if I wasn't clear earlier. :)  I like it in full screen, so that is OK.  I am sure that I have something set somewhere, but it does pop up in front if in LB settings I check the option for LB to minimize on game launch so that is fine as well.  I can't really think of anything that would really be needed but will let you know if I do.

• 1 month later...

Using the official Adobe Standalone Flash Player (Projector Debugger) as the "emulator" has worked for me to get Flash games playable outside of Launchbox without a browser by simply double-clicking. Of course, it's not in Launchbox this way, but it works just as well with the plugin.
https://www.bannersnack.com/blog/download-swf-player/

Setting up automatic controller profile associations for each flash game will be my next trick. I'm thinking maybe Retroarch might handle it if I could finagle the player in among the supported cores, but I don't see any guides for setting up custom cores. Any tips would be appreciated.

Edited by Moon Turtle

• 2 years later...
On 7/9/2017 at 9:05 PM, Moon Turtle said:

Using the official Adobe Standalone Flash Player (Projector Debugger) as the "emulator" has worked for me to get Flash games playable outside of Launchbox without a browser by simply double-clicking. Of course, it's not in Launchbox this way, but it works just as well with the plugin.
https://www.bannersnack.com/blog/download-swf-player/

Setting up automatic controller profile associations for each flash game will be my next trick. I'm thinking maybe Retroarch might handle it if I could finagle the player in among the supported cores, but I don't see any guides for setting up custom cores. Any tips would be appreciated.

I found, this and hope it helps to some degree:https://www.libretro.com/index.php/develop/