LaunchBox Community Forums

Ipac2 configuration

trellos

I have an ipac2 on my arcade cabinet and using Bigbox. I'm pretty much using it just with mame at the moment, but, can't image button mapping to be that different in retroarch.

What specifically are you having issues with? I'd be happy to try and help.

You should learn how to remap your Ipac on-the-fly per emulator to make the most of it.
This way when ever you choose an emulator it will 

If you need an example of something you can add to the autohotkey script for each emulator let me know.

19 hours ago, syntax_X said:

You should learn how to remap your Ipac on-the-fly per emulator to make the most of it.
This way when ever you choose an emulator it will 

If you need an example of something you can add to the autohotkey script for each emulator let me know.

How i remap ipac2 on the fly? and how i add the autohotkey script?

Edited by trellos

Where to add the autohotkey script. 

With the Ipac, you need to make .ipc config files for each setup using the Ipac utility.

I tried using short file paths but that didn't work so I put my Ipac programming utility in its own folder , put all my .ipc configs in there and point each AHK script to the appropriate mapping, then on exit point it to a mapping that works well for BigBox.
It all works so fast you'll never even notice it.

Here is an example of one of my emulator AHK scripts.  *** NOTE*** I think I'm using one of the earlier I-pacs, some things may of changed in the newer version but I doubt it.

This is for Kega Fusion. ** Note the remapping of the keyboard key PAUSE. I-pac cannot emulate the PAUSE key present on some keyboards so remapping is required.

Run C:\Program Files (x86)\WinIPAC\WinIPAC.exe C:\Program Files (x86)\WinIPAC\SEGA.ipc
P::SendInput, {Pause}
; This section closes Kega when pressing Escape
$Esc::
{
 Process, Close, {{{StartupEXE}}}
Run C:\Program Files (x86)\WinIPAC\WinIPAC.exe C:\Program Files (x86)\WinIPAC\BigBox.ipc
}

My main use of the ipac is controlling all the emulator functions like turbo, rewind, save state, load state. Helps when one emulator asks for F1 save state and another asks for F8.

Then you get the ones that ask for F1+(save state slot) like MAME. Heres how you tackle Mame to save and load with 1 button each

Run C:\Program Files (x86)\WinIPAC\WinIPAC.exe C:\Program Files (x86)\WinIPAC\MAME.ipc
; This section closes MAME when pressing Escape
$Esc::
{
 Process, Close, {{{StartupEXE}}}
Run C:\Program Files (x86)\WinIPAC\WinIPAC.exe C:\Program Files (x86)\WinIPAC\BigBox.ipc
}

; Load State
x::
If GetKeyState("x")
{
   SetKeyDelay, -1, 110
   Send {F7 up}{Shift up}
   Sleep 100
   Send {F7}
   Sleep 100
   Send {s}
}
Return
; Save State
c::
If GetKeyState("c")
{
   SetKeyDelay, -1, 110
   Send +{F7}
   Sleep 50
   Send {s}
}
Return
Edited by syntax_X

I think with your I-pac you can set it to work as 2 controllers. Id just do that and map Retro arch to the buttons you want.

Set the bindings for player 1 and 2 in the main part of retroarch, then if you need anything changed in each core press F1 while the core is active, edit and save.

I have an Ipac too and with the link I gave you it should be easyer to understand how it works. Each joypad image show you where are all the controls (a,b,x, etc) for each system. In retroarch go in the Input section and bind your buttons with each control and save your configuration.

For example, the Sega Genesis use a max of 6 buttons. Following the link I gave you, you'll see that you should bind those controls with your buttons:
L, X, R
Y, B, A

IMHO, no need to use AHK for that because the binding is done in Retroarch directly.

If you want a different configuration for another system you will have to create a config for each system.

I don't understand which buttons to bind in retroarch,left shoulder,right shoulder ,left trigger etc. while my controller 

has a  2joysticks and 7 buttons for each player and player 1 ,player 2 buttons and four buttons for exit ,select etc.