LaunchBox Community Forums

Splitting Windows Games into Xbox Org, 360 & One Groups

mrdiscojg

As of currently writing this, there are no proper highly functional emulators for all 3 of the Xboxes. There are however PC ports of a lot of these games. Those made after 2008/09 even have button mapping for the 360/One controller as standard, so it feels like playing on those consoles (with of course better graphics). However on Launchbox all PC games (aside from DOS) are all lumped into the Windows Games group on the side bar.

My question is this: is it possible to create new console groupings in the side bar, so that I can split my PC games into the relevant Xbox generations ? So that instead of just saying Windows Games, I can have the PC ports of the games I played on those consoles matched up to the relevant eras.

Simply right click a game and edit. In the edit window change the platform by typing in your custom platform name. This will now generate a new platform on the left which you can right click and edit and change the category you want to have it show up in to a pre made one or type in the name of a new custom one if you prefer.

• Like 1

Creating a new category might be a bit much if you're mixing in games from other platforms. If it's just coming from PC, they're still treated as PC games, so it's most likely fine. Just don't forget to go to Tools -> Manage Platforms, double click your new platform and Scrape it As PC. They're still PC games, not Xbox Games. So if you ever want to update the metadata or media for games, it wont work because that platform doesn't exist. I think Playlists would suite this much better. This way, you don't disturb the original entry on the platform, but you have a focused look.

In the left bar of LaunchBox, at the top is a small drop down menu. Click it, and go to Playlists. On the right, right click an empty space and then go to Create New Playlist. You can set the name, and you can also set if you want it to appear in the Console Categories view. I use that view a lot because I have a lot of systems, and I like them separated; I even have a Playlists Category too. This way, you can still see all your other platforms and playlists without changing that left side view. You can then right click any game and add it to the playlist.

Finally got it working, thanks for your help guys !

Sentaibard: I got it working without having to make playlists and all the metadata/artwork is downloadable  for Original and 360 but not the One (see images). I just had to import each individually once I had added the categories, make the application  path to the exe. and say no when it asked for an emulator.  Tested the games so far and they all work correctly so will load more. Just need to Google One boxart though

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

Right, that's a lot more extra work in the long run. Adding 4 games per is one thing, but when you want to be able to have something special like display all PC games that were originally an Xbox Game, Right Clicking a game and adding it to a Playlist is super simple. Granted, I didn't know you also wanted to customize special artwork from the original consoles. In my mind, I had the original artwork from PC as the main focus. Creating a platform to pretend to be another platform, so you can download the artwork for the platform you're pretending to be, is a better way to try and make it look nicer. In that instance, yea, the route you took is probably best in the long run.

Many ways to skin a cat around here, I just didn't realize that you also wanted the PC games to use the Xbox Artwork and Video.

Yeah you're right, I'm just a bit nitpicky when it comes to all the artwork and groups, it's my organisational streak kicking in ! I only add the front boxart anyway for all my games so not too much metadata to worry about. Plus I only have a 1tb hardrive so can't put a ton of 360 and One games anyway (seeing as GTA V alone is over 60gb)