LaunchBox Community Forums

Kodi - anyone here use it?

PowerCooker

I'm just curious if anyone else here uses kodi and if they have had any issues recently. I'm currently in the UK and ive noticed over the past few months either a lot of support seems to be stopping for Jarvis or there forcing people onto 17 build or the ISp are blocking a fair few sites (I'm not sure why they bother considering you can just use ghost5 if your on a pc - however I use an android box)

So has anyone else had any issues with theres recently?

I removed your last few lines. We do not support Kodi Boxes or Illegal Plugins here on the forums. Those boxes are also now illegal in the UK, and probably to follow soon here too. I'm all for your own collection in to an install of Kodi, and you can still find various plugins that do what you want, but please do not talk about either the boxes or plugins here. Just update to the latest, Kodi, like LaunchBox, thrives on being updated. If your going out of your way to stay behind because you must have these plugins, find new ones or you're going to be stuck with no support on the older versions.

1 minute ago, PowerCooker said:

well if I updated from Jarvis to krypton...........would all my current settings be the same? ie I wouldn't lose anything ive Already got set up?

According to their website, you just update over the top of your existing setup and your settings will be the same.

Though a backup wouldnt hurt....

so........that's via the googleplay store then yeah?

how do I put this delicately .............since I'm getting a lack of certain hd options with Jarvis - would I get more with krypton? I remember reading awhile ago its because certain links were chaning format r something along those lines

You would go to the google play store and update all your settings will stay the same. As @SentaiBrad said though it is illegal to sell pre loaded kodi boxes in the UK now, and ISP's are actively blocking access to known kodi pirate add ons, so they probably wont work at all anyway. This is not a Kodi issue and they are actively against piracy for obvious reasons.

39 minutes ago, math0ne said:

You have to upgrade to 17, 16 will only be getting a small amount of the links that 16 gets as most providers are moving to ssl which kodi 16 doesn't support.

I will again here say, please be careful about what you talk about on these forums. We take the same stance as the Kodi people themselves and will actively delete posts specifically referencing pirated content or where to obtain it, so, just a word to the wise.

And for the record i am currently running the KODI LEIA nightlies, which are not even beta for a reason.

so everyone is basically saying to update to 17 from 16

has anyone here updated from 16 to 17 as afew videos say doing this I might lose some of my add-ons and I might even get a stall issue were the only way to fix this would be to clear the cache and the data folder basically making 17 a fresh install but that I would lose everything

As patient as we're being, we're simply not the Kodi forums and it's really hard for us to troubleshoot these functions. So I'm gonna lock this thread and ask that any users with these questions go to the Kodi forums or related communities.

• Like 2